Stephen Hawking's God claims make churchmen laugh.

People don't like to think about it, that's why they put all their trust in either an organised religion or a scientist, so they don't have to think and instead just believe what they're told. It's a cop out.

I prefer to listen to everyone and then at the end of the day, believe in myself and what I beleive what is true to me, I don't being told what I should be believing in.

i read a fascinating book on the bible, that put forward the theory that moses was a shaman and that the burning bush relates to a certain type of hallucinogenic plant, so basically they are saying he was stoned and having visions, kinda like the north americans and their peyote :) makes sense to me lol

yeah i know what you mean, i like to read all the stuff and make my own mind up as well :) cos say what you like, it's the one thing that's gonna happen to us all, ignore it if you will, death isn't going to go away

death isn't going to go away

Death is just as natural as birth; Death is the opposite of birth, not life... Life has no opposite

I'm wrecking heads now, lol...;)

Life has no opposite , ya it does MY LIFE (no life)

Saying to someone "get a life" or the like, is just an idiom designed to hurt someone's feelings mate, it doesn't have any real worth or meaning, and certainly isn't the yang to life's yin...

they way i have seen things over the years
the use of god is mearly a guide wihich thioes that choose to follow is a guide in way life should be lived.

for instance (im being short here )
christianyty = love thy neighbour, dont do thid dont do that
islam = allah is power, follow his wishes, (interprated in many ways by the civil, live in pease... and teh extrimests, kill for pease)
buddisam - evything is conncted treat each other as is you

i just chose a few i could think of the top of my head and am not in anyway pointing ifingers at any religion..

the way i see it is religion is a guide of collected views gien across a relgion i how we shoould likve our life in the eyes of god... and god is the answer for what we cannot explain..

me on the other hand live in the way of recently how the matrix films pertrayed the way we live.. and in effectthe way religion works

CHOICE...

without choiuce we are not human , we choose what to do , we choose what to believe and we chooose how to enterprate things... hence why everyone is different.

differences aside we are here on this planet as intellagent biengs.. religion gives reason and guides.. but ultimatly its our CHOICE that lays our path ahead of us

We don't need religion as a moral compass, it's innate as lost tribes have proved.
Religion gives us nothing. Science has giving us many wonderful things.

in my view, religion became a farce when the first dinosaur bones were discovered. The bible states that God made the Earth then the stars and then man. It has been proven (scientifically) that the dino's were here even before man existed, This puts Genesis out the window. I do however, believe that the bible has some truths but only if you read between the lines and think as a modern day individual. An example could be Cain and Abel, what if they weren't brothers but instead were Neanderthal man (Abel) and Home Sapien (Cain). Cain murdered abel according to the bible, Homo Sapien overtook and effectively wiped out Neanderthal man.

I also don't believe in the modern day thinking that the whole universe was created from a single atom and that it just suddenly appeared. You cannot, at any time, get something from nothing - nothing just remains nothing. If it doesn't then let me know the secret next time i'm skint :). The truth of the matter is that we will never really know, neither religion or science can be proven or disproven regarding their views on 'creation'.

I also don't believe in the modern day thinking that the whole universe was created from a single atom and that it just suddenly appeared. You cannot, at any time, get something from nothing

Science has a word for this, they refer to it as a 'singularity'; it's a pretty way of saying "I don't know - aint got a clue"... Sounds technical though ;)

thats what I love about the human race its diversity, all creeds and colours all faiths and religions.
We as a race will die out as the Sun reaches its zenith in about another 2 billion years just before it goes `super nova` and frazzles what ever life is left on this planet.

Life is what it is pure evolution nothing more nothing less, `survival of the fittest ` is probably one of the most reasoned meaning of life theories because we all know it to be true.

So live and let live, yes this world is sometimes the most horrid of places to be part of but I for one will try and live my life for some kind of purpose.

So if you believe in God or not does not come in to it,the debate will always go on.

Yes Evastar every theory will be challenged and debated, we all know that the human race will only exist for as long as this volatile planet alows us too, for we cannot and never will control our own planets `Evolution`.:Wave:

very good and interesting discussion this....but this is my theory.

for a long time i thought stephen hawking to be one of the greatest minds ever lived, but now i know he is a bit thick. you dont make a statement like that unless you are naive.

one thing we must realise is that this isnt science vs religion, its science AND a devine existance.

science isnt a THING that you believe in, it doesnt have hands eyes ears or legs. science is not a belief. science is an explanation. and at the moment it has only explained like 0.0001 percent of the universe. and the universe is actually just a tiny ripple. science is like a square box in a circle universe.

i believe in the devine. i like to think that there is a greater meaning to life than just life itself. you see things like love, hate, anger, faith...those are things that cannot be just created by coincedence. the fact that earth is so perfectly positioned in the solar system against the sun and the moon, thats a coincedence?

people who think...if there is a god then why does he allow all the suffering? well god isnt a man who just flick his fingers and make things better. god is a belief, and idea. something greater. i think we are that idea. this universe, all it is is an idea. everything has free will. not just humans. every single atom. water, it has free will. you pour it, it will pour. the wind, it has free will. if a man decides to kill another man, thats his free will. war, its not caused by religion, its caused by greed, for land and money. thats the free will of people. but why do i believe is this devine intervention? well, ive not seen micracles but i have faith. just like a mother has faith in her newborn child...faith that he aint gonna grow up and become a killer. you have to have faith. its what makes us human. yes we can explain things like gravity, how life works, how human body works, but can we explain how for all the mechanical, biological and electrical movement we have in our body, where does this sense of right and wrong comes from, the sense of morality.

im gonna make this short but what i will say is, one day, we will discover heaven and hell, but science will call it the x dimension where you need positive energy to enter. religion will call it heaven. everything in this world and beyond can be explained...just scientist havent explained it yet thats why they disregard it. this circle is the great mystery and the square within it is scientists knowledge. every time they learn something, the square will grow.

so in essence, you cannot have science vs devine. as the devine is an idea and science is an explanation. god does not contradict science and in time science will not contradict god.

a summery of the universe in 20 minutes by the dentist! haha scientists have been studying this for millenia!

Last edited:
the universe recycles EVERYTHING. energy cannot be destroyed, only changed, this includes the electrical energy that your body makes to control your muscles, and the heat your body generates.

untill the existence of 'a god' can be factually proven, with recreatable evidence, then to me, 'god' is another story told to children to scare them into behaving etc

the universe recycles EVERYTHING. energy cannot be destroyed, only changed, this includes the electrical energy that your body makes to control your muscles, and the heat your body generates.

untill the existence of 'a god' can be factually proven, with recreatable evidence, then to me, 'god' is another story told to children to scare them into behaving etc

god is also an energy...not a person. only a tiny amount of things have actually been factually proven. would you say that the world is flat because thats all you see, a flat plain...until it was factually proven that its round?

it is because most things in the universe arent proven why we have faith. keep an open mind.

by the way im not preaching religion, im saying that both the devine and science are infact the same thing.

science= man is born. man has physical dimension man has positive energy and negative energy. when man dies the physical bodys energy gets transferred into the z dimension as energy cannot be destroyed. the energy in the z dimension is then pulled, like the power of magnet, positive or negative energy. negative dimesion is like a black hole and positive dimension is like another world.

god theory= man is born. man be good or bad. man dies. soul gets taken up to be judged. good man go heaven bad man go hell.

you see god theory and science are exactly the same. just one is an explanation of the other. just scientists havent discovered it yet.

science can prove energy changes etc, electrical energy in the muscles turns into kinetic energy, the energy stored in sugars that we use for food gets converted into heat energy, which then dissipates, etc, theres no church that can prove that the energy created by the human body, upon death, carries on 'elsewhere'

the fragile body stops converting sugars into energy, stops creating its own heat end electrical energy, untill eventually it cannot sustain itself, the energy is no longer being created to change into another form of energy

if youre driving a car, at 70mph, the energy stored in the fuel is converted into kinetic energy by the car, if you sever the fuel line, the car still has stored kinetic energy, and will eventually come to a stop. once the car comes to a stop, is this the point at which it actually 'died'? no, it died when the fuel line was severed, but the stored kinetic energy kept it going for a short while, as it stopped, there was no energy to convert into another form of energy, the stopping was the last of the converted energy being dissipated

this is why there will never be proof of the existence of a god or a higher plain of exsitence

god theory= man is born. man be good or bad. man dies. soul gets taken up to be judged. good man go heaven bad man go hell.

who the hell gives that hippy the right to judge me?

i will tell him he can kiss my shinny backside, if he is real.

i can judge him if so and i say he can go to hell.

untill the day i die and after i shall never belive this cak.

this is 2010 not 0010 come on people get a grib.

there is not 1 not shread of truth of the bible writen by pedos.

theres no church that can prove that the energy created by the human body, upon death, carries on 'elsewhere'

Consciousness is an energy though; your thoughts, feelings, memories, emotions, hopes, dreams, sorrows, love; your soul. By saying that as soon as you die all that energy just disapears, as though the deep love you have for your children etc, never even existed!! I doubt anyone really believes that and it breaks that law which is energy is neither created or destroyed, but it simply changes form.

it exists while you are able to sustain yourself and generate energy, when you die, the energies that allowed you to 'think' 'feel' etc dissipates into another form, the heat dissipates, the elecrtic stops being created

the body stops , theres then no energy to convert

Back