Stephen Hawking's God claims make churchmen laugh.

I see it as faith is psychological crutch. They just can't bear the thought it is all for nothing and there not that important in the bigger scheme of things.

The big bang is proven fact. Science moves us forward to gaining answers, faith and religion holds us back.

Here's how I see it. No one knows anything about the existence of an afterlife/god. Anyone who say's they know and can tell you what God wants from you or how to get into heaven are liars.

If you want to believe the claptrap these liars spout (I'm talking about religions in general here, not directing at anyone posting in this thread) go ahead if thats what floats your boat.

As far as I'm concerned you're here for a good time not a long time so don't waste the time you have.

thebigman

i agree 100% with that...

god did not create man...
man created god.....

The big bang is proven fact. Science moves us forward to gaining answers, faith and religion holds us back.

The big bang isn't a proven fact mate, that's miss-information. It's a theory based on a 'singularity'. Singularity means that they don't know what it is. This is another case of people just putting their ''faith' into a person or organised group of people, misinterpreting, misunderstanding and not questioning, just like someone would with a religion.

lol i was gonna post that madeinbeats and then i decided not to bother. the thing about science (and i have a great interest in and belief in science) is that they keep changing their minds as they make more discoveries, its a moveable feast.

i always thought it was called the big bang theory? and surely the definition of a theory is something that is proposed and not hard fact?

you see if we have free will and the reason we are here is for us to exercise that free will and learn from the experience, god popping up and saying "i'm here" would kind of get rid of the need for faith etc.

This is another case of people just putting their ''faith' into a person or organised group of people, misinterpreting, misunderstanding and not questioning,

even though a lot of it (the majority of it) is backed up be recreatable factual evidence?

just like someone would with a religion.

shouldnt that say 'just like someone DOES with a religion

;)

yes digi, exactly like some people do with religion, believing everything they are told without question, instead of looking at the available information for themselves and then making their own minds up based on an informed decision.

even though a lot of it (the majority of it) is backed up be recreatable factual evidence?

Still only a theory mate. It is the job of science to prove that something isn't so rather than prove that something is.

Even if the BBT was proven, what does it prove exactly? That the universe is more than 3 thousand years old? I'm of the opinion that the universe is God knows how many years old, I'm not a creationist, creationism is part of the Christian faith - I'm not a part of any organised religion.

I'm not interested in how the universe was created, I'm more interested in why...

nothink in religion has ever been proven. as were mr hawkings has proven science.in many things.
god made man. so who made the dinosaures ?.they have been around a hell of a lot longer than us.its says in the bible god made man in his own image does it not.so who does he look like ?. the whole god and jesus thing was made up becouse ppl could not handle that after death there is nothink"no need to fear death as there is an after life" were concieved. were born. we grow.we procreate. we die.its surviville of the fittest and at the moment thats us. whos to say 2morrow we will not be struck by a asteriod and the human race will be wiped out..were is god then ????..or is that his will becouse of the way the human race was heading for. i will never be confinced that there is a god or that he sent his only son to save us.
the bible is a joke book ..arent we all supposed to be gods children ?

wenever any 1 ever questions any religion about the suffering or tradgedy's. its either the devil's work or god's will now if that aint the biggest copp out ever

sent by a lappy. after 8 stella lol

Last edited:
The big bang theory said there should be a universe full of radiation if true. Proved true later.

The theory said the composition of the universe should be 73% hydrogen, 25% helium and the rest mostly boron and lithium. Proved to be exactly that amount through hydrogen bomb research.

The theory said the universe is expanding. Proved true.

Everything points to it being fact in my eyes.

Depends if a Jehovah Witness has knocked on their door yet ;)

they dont call at my house any more. a lot of people who know me, say im very quick witted, and have an answer for everything, and can give sarcasm a whole new meaning lol

i like to know why, how and what for, for everything. cause and effect, action and reaction etc

a jehova told me god is real, i asked her to prove it, she started with the beauty and complexity of a flower and how it can recreate itself. i argued that it cant recreate itself without another flower, and outside intervention from insects, wind, etc to polinate them, but man can create a more complex microchip, programme it, and it can then recreate itself and its programme with no outside influence as long as the 'ingredients' are there

then she started with the soul, which weve covered talking about energy earlier in the thread

plagues have been scientifically proven, and can even be recreated or caused

miracles can be either recreated or put down to exagerration, the bible is a collection of stories afterall, and what good is a story without a little bit of fabrication of the truth?

my ex wife has become very religious latley, its her choice and ive nothing against it, ive always said to my kids that its up to them if they believe in god etc, when they ask, i dont go into all the 'theres no god' crap, as its their choice, i tell them what i learned in shcool, and sunday school as a kid

my oldest, at the moment, says to me that theres no such thing blah blah etc, but i think shes trying to work out what she believes in, i wont help to sway her in any direction, but, i will respect the choice she makes, my middle one is like me, he has to know why, if he cant find the logic behind it, he will keep looking, and my youngest believes

i have a book called the 100 wonders of the world, and my boys argue over things in it, youngest says god created niagra falls etc, his brother says its water battering the rocks away

we're a very open minded lot lol

but

the egg came first, cos dinosaurs didnt used to lay chickens

No it was the chicken.........unlucky
old school. were did the chicken come from.and dont it take 2 to fertalise it ????

could it not be a cross spiecies.???? like a pug and a bosten terrier having a bug ???
then that would be a differnt breed ????
and yes there is this cross breed lol

Last edited:
Back