starview - scrambled or bad channel

bigeasy_uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
just updated with the latest firmware, comes up with the message "scrambled or bad channel" it worked fine when i updated my dads starview but it wont work for mine :-( has anyone else had this problem? i've had a look on the forum but can't see any other similar topics.

I had it, it seems to be a signal problem e.g. signal not strong enough put a booster on and problem went away

it's been working fine for about 6 months before i updated it, pplus my dads box worked fine on the same cable.

i forgot to add that i get all the usual free channels (bbc, itv, etc)

Last edited:
m8, press MENU then press 1570 and make sure the key emu is turned on,if it is then just do a factory reset, pin code is 0000 to do this.
After this just do a rescan and turn the key emu on and it should be ok.
Hopefully your box aint faulty

cheers, just had to turn on the key emu, strange how i didnt have to on the other box, or the other times i've updated this box.

I've had this before. I think it is because your box was probably on an encrypted channel. I always put my boxes on BBC1 before reflash. There is also the danger of the boxes being stuck in an updating loop as well.

JohnO.

I've had this before. I think it is because your box was probably on an encrypted channel. I always put my boxes on BBC1 before reflash. There is also the danger of the boxes being stuck in an updating loop as well.

JohnO.

Thats why its better to have it in standby when updating.

Back