Starting.. (Advice needed on how to flash new image)

corndweller

Inactive User
Reaction score
Happy Christmas all.

I have a few questions for which I would appreciate some expert advice.

This morning I tried to set up a VPN on my box. This resulted in the box showing the black hole logo and the front display reading "Starting.." It stays like that. I can access the box via filezilla, but I have no idea what to do next. I have a back up image that I have stored on my pc, but I thought this may be a good time to upgrade to Sunray Vix Apollo90. Anyway, I downloaded the image to a USB drive (fat32) and after unzipping I put it in the front slot of the receiver and powered on. Nothing happened!
Should the 4 files be kept in the solo2 folder? Or should I just transfer them to the root folder on the USB drive?
In filezilla I can see that a lot of the folders on my box have a worrying question mark next to them, also the boot folder appears to be empty (see image).
I'm hoping someone can suggest where I have gone wrong, and what I can do to get things up and running again.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

VUSOLO+2 - It has the dreamoem sticker on top of the box.
softcam cccam 2.3.0
blackhole- this is what it says when the box boots up.
vix helios
build 016
kernel 3.3.8
drivers 2014-04-24
last update 2014-05-04

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
hey bud there should only be a folder called "vuplus" then inside that there should be another folder called "solo2" then iside that there should be a number of files.

just put the vuplus folder containing all the sub-folders and files to the root of a freshly formatted fat32 usb stick(basicly unzip file and put contains on usb stick) and then put it into the box then u have to press the standby button(circle light on the left side of box) to get it to start.

make sure u safely eject the usb stick.

since your box has the dreamoem sticker on top of the box. that means it a clone so you can only use images from 2013 safely as they changed the drivers in newer images to not be compatible with clone after 2013-11-06.

is the image clone friendly or is it an untouched original image?

you can use this guide https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/391241-upgrading-vu-solo2-clone.html to update the firmware so it can take any image but im not sure if this only works with certain clone types(sunray) or all clone types.
if you find this out please let me know as i wanna be able to put new images on my clone also. im sick of the 2013 images that can't access plugins feeds.

Last edited:
Thanks Alan. Worked a treat after your advice. I had taken the files from the folders, rather than just putting everything from the zip file onto the usb stick.

I used this image and all seems to be working well.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2712/
@corndweller, your dreamoem sticker means you have a Sunray clone so you can use any Sunray clone safe image and for Vix I've just uploaded Vix Apollo 112 which is currently the latest image available.

Last edited by a moderator:
@corndweller, your dreamoem sticker means you have a Sunray clone so you can use any Sunray clone safe image and for Vix I've just uploaded Vix Apollo 112 which is currently the latest image available.

Thanks. What would the benefits of upgrading the image be? Also, would I need to reinstall channel lists and other settings?

If everything is fine and your happy with the image then I would stay on the build your on.

Back