Start up advice for Newbie.

It cost just over £30 in the end (with insurance, via Royal Mail) and I received 46$, less PayPal fees. My credit card company are being very helpful and will refund if the Chinese break their deal.
It does seem to just be a struggle, but I guess "you pays your money and takes your chance"

Refund for box has finally arrived back in my credit card account. Royal mail took two weeks to get it back (quoted 5-7 days) to China. They have still not confirmed delivery on their "Track and trace" system. Seller confirms faulty mother board and apologised saying, probably truthfully, that he had tested it.
Just lost a few quid due to currency changes.
Now to start again.
Has anyone seen a Sunray DM800se HD with Alps tuner, A8P sim, Oled display etc. for sale?

Have now received another box; the original supplier has "either no stock or no longer supplies this model" so I tried a different one with reasonable feedback. Arrived ok, fascinated to see cardboard box was assembled inside out to disguise contents if inspected.
Cabled up, switched on and all seems ok as a simple receiver on 28.2, and it's kept working fine for at least a couple of days. Recognises Ethernet connection, so will soon start to upload files to it, as originally advised by Ferret. Watch this space and thanks for all your help.

Decided to get the Dreambox to drive my V-box as a first stage to motorising. Have scanned in 28, 19 and 0.8 satellites as a start but am having problems driving the v-box consistently from the receiver. So far, except for a brief time, it will only move the dish from the 0.8 position. I think the LNB config for all three satellites is the same with my original position memories from my old receiver. The display shows move and stop but nothing happens to the dish or the v-box.
I've heard of this sort of problem before somewhere but can't find the cause at the moment.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks.

I've got the dish moving fairly reliably now and have scanned several satellites OK
I've installed OpenPLi3.0 and cccam. By the way the box has an A8P sim.
I have a Win7 laptop connected via a network OK and have the IP address of the box, which is how I installed OpenPLi.
I've been offered a trial line but am very uncertain of my next steps.
Is there a fairly simple tutorial that I may have missed.

Back