ss wick?

digital worldz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just took delivery today of the DID rebuildable.

Got a bit of SS with it and some kanthal and set about my first attempt of building myself.

Well it tasted fantastic, thing is though in no time at all got a shiny hotspot and taste went to a burnt rank!!!

So I need to keep going.

Where do you guys get your ss from? ore t the point what type do you use and which kinda kanthal?

this can be really annoying at times but once its working and wicking its lovely stuff.But tbh i get very annoyed with it especially with hot spots i sometimes use it in my dripper.The best way to get rid of hot spots is just to try and turn the coil so the wires touching if you get what i mean mate.I get myne of ebay from the mesh company but honestly one piece will last you for ages i had one last me for 3months when i had a genny.i prefer #400 mesh as it seems to wick better and if you really are having probs mate.

Try doing a hybrid wick basically do your oxidiation process then unroll and roll some silica inside it i tend to find the hotspots arnt too bad once i do that and it picks up juice really well and the vape is amazing.

The one bad point i will say bout ss mesh is i find it eats juice like a bloody straw lol

First thing first dont do the oxidation process its no good and not needed
if you use ss wick and get hotspots on your coil just pulse for half a second at a time on low battery,
keep doing it till its all good, top of coil might be the hot spot normally first but then the middle etc etc etc but just keep on pulsing untill it all glows even this the best way no need to fiddle with your wraps.

if you have a Aga-T+ you can use a M3 washer to sit in between the 2 top nuts
this will make to top wrap of the coil closer to the wick stopping the hot spots

for mesh and wire try here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

pulsing see video#

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

625699_159304904225737_967105760_n.jpg 576274_159304954225732_564614068_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies guys

Am gonna order some tonight. Hopefully have it for the weekend and then we will try again!!

havent tried it yet mate.

Have only got some usa mix liquid which isnt the best flavour to tell if a wick is working well or not so am waiting for some green apple to arrive for TW

Ok Mate
Usa mix Yuk i have that its horrible :( i dont like tobacco flavours,
i like fruit punch, Cola, Vanilla and red bull plus others which i make myself
but also like Gumie bear and i just need to get the flavour for it to do myself

their is plenty of good vendors out there much cheaper then TW and better juices
try
britvapes.co.uk £7,99 30ml - 20% off if you spend £15 code is 2003 or 10% off code BVPV
misteliquid.co.uk £6.99 30ml

@noodlesjoe have you tried this one mate for your flavouring:Ultra Strength Water Soluble Flavouring

Hope this helps just scroll down from the drop box menu and you will find it im not sure how good it is but if you like gummi bear flavoring have you tried swedish fish?

Oh ya i heard about the fish and forgot all about it cheers roachieuk :)

i cant seem to see swedish fish on it?
but i do see Gummi bear :)
abit more than i pay but worth it
normally pay £2 to £3.50 but out of 10ml you can make 100ml of Juice @ 10% so still good

If any one likes Usa mix or Flue cured Juice let me know as i have 5 bottles of 30ml up for grabs (free)

Alba Vapours postage
£5.70 1st class or £3.90 2nd class for postage is abit OTT :(

Last edited:
Oh ya i heard about the fish and forgot all about it cheers roachieuk :)

i cant seem to see swedish fish on it?
but i do see Gummi bear :)
abit more than i pay but worth it
normally pay £2 to £3.50 but out of 10ml you can make 100ml of Juice @ 10% so still good

If any one likes Usa mix or Flue cured Juice let me know as i have 5 bottles of 30ml up for grabs (free)

Alba Vapours postage
£5.70 1st class or £3.90 2nd class for postage is abit OTT :(

Im sure they had the Swedish fish under diy but not sure now i do love that flavour but i over vaped it if that makes sense lol i vaped nothing but that for ages i must of got through just over a 100ml.

Ouch thats a bit steep for postage lol.If the postage is high i try and get as much as i can for my moneys worth,

Ive never tried gummi bear in all honesty PM on its way for a bottle of usa mix :)

Im sure they had the Swedish fish under diy but not sure now i do love that flavour but i over vaped it if that makes sense lol i vaped nothing but that for ages i must of got through just over a 100ml.

Ouch thats a bit steep for postage lol.If the postage is high i try and get as much as i can for my moneys worth,

Ive never tried gummi bear in all honesty PM on its way for a bottle of usa mix :)

I will send you 1 usa mix and 1 flue cured ok Bud ;)

Back