Spurs v Bolton - Fabrice Muamba

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
From the BBC......

Ian Dennis has also reported that Fabrice Muamba was being resuscitated for 10 minutes while he was lying on the pitch. He has now been stretchered off and I will bring you more news on his situation when I get it.

Only 23 years old and no one was around him when he went down

Hope his going to be ok

Referee Howard Webb has spoken to all of the players and officials and none of them were in a fit state to continue while they wait for news on Fabrice Muamba. The Bolton midfielder collapsed on the pitch five minutes before half-time and received lengthy treatment while medical staff attempted to resuscitate him. Muamba has now been taken to hospital.

Awful thing to watch on tv,hope he pulls through but doesnt sound good at all :(

Was watching it on ESPN, boy what a shock. Hope ther poor guy pulls through but wasn't looking good :(

Im not sure where he's from but It does seem to be the African players that have heart attacks on the pitch :( at least the few I've seen have all been :(

Fabrice Muamba collapses on pitch during FA Cup match
Tottenham's FA Cup game against Bolton Wanderers has been abandoned after Trotters midfielder Fabrice Muamba collapsed and stopped breathing.

Medics spent 10 minutes trying to resuscitate the 23-year-old on the field before the players were called off by referee Howard Webb.

BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the midfielder is fighting for his life.

The score was 1-1 when he collapsed with no players close-by on 41 minutes.

Medical staff gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and tried to revive him with a defibrillator. In total six medics were treating the player.

Muamba was taken off the pitch on a stretcher and ESPN reported that he was not breathing as he was taken down the tunnel.

The former Arsenal midfielder has been taken to hospital.

Referee Webb called the visibly shaken players off the field after consulting with managers Owen Coyle and Harry Redknapp.

Minutes later the match was abandoned.

BBC Sport - Fabrice Muamba collapses on pitch during FA Cup match

1849:

The latest news on Fabrice Muamba is that medical staff were still trying to resuscitate him on his way to hospital. ESPN have reported that Bolton boss Owen Coyle and club captain Kevin Davies are set to join him there.

42 min Fabrice Muamba appears to have suffered a very nasty injury. I'm not sure precisely what happened, but you can tell from the grave tone of the ESPN commentator Jon Champion – and the body language of the players – that this is extremely serious. Rafael Van der Vaart has his hands over his face, and ESPN's Jon Champion says that there are attemps to resuscitate Muamba. This is awful. All the players are in complete shock.

Heres a link here of the events
Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers | Rob Smyth | Football | guardian.co.uk

This is nothing short of shocking and saddening. I hope he pulls through.... :(

7.07pm For those who did not experience the incident when it happened, there were no players near Muamba when he collapsed. Within 10 or 20 seconds it became apparent that something very serious had happened, and we soon found out that he had stopped breathing. He was treated on the field for almost 10 minutes, with a defibrilator used in an attempt to resuscitate him, before being taken off on a stretcher. Howard Webb took the players off the field, and the game was officially abandoned a few moments later.

The last we heard was that Muamba was on his way to hospital, that he was not breathing and that he was still receiving CPR. That was 35 minutes ago.

Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers | Rob Smyth | Football | guardian.co.uk

really hope the next news isnt the worst for his family and friends sake thoughts go out to them all.

Was at the game just by the half way line what a shame hope you pull through Fabrice Muamba my heart goes out to you

not to make a joke out of it as its bad news i wouldnt wish on anyone but you could have chosen your words of support a bit better (re: heart).

Just a choice of words mate dont take it the wrong way!! im sure he didnt mean anthing by it

Remeber him as a arsenal youth and was gutted when i heard it was him, cant help but think the worse but only hope that he pulls though.

Jason

ssn Hospital spokesperson says Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba is in a stable condition after collapsing on pitch during match with Tottenham

Back