iPhone Spirit Jailbreak is released!

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
It has been released

What's Spirit?

* Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
* Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
* If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

Requirements

* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.

There are reported issues about an error nothing to worry about guys!

Troubleshooting: If you're getting error code c0000005, apparently setting compatibility mode to Windows 98 allows Spirit to work.

This is a tried and tested yes it works!

Spirit

updated files

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one m8 !

Is it worth backing up contacts before doing it? Also is there a guide to follow with the download as can't check yet as am on iPhone now.

Cheers

Last edited:
i would back up contacts just incase you need to restore for any reason,if on windows 7 set program to 95 compatiability mode

Reactions: J
FOUND THE FIX FOR ANYONE GETTING AN ERROR CODE DURING JAILBREAK:
you won't believe this

Run the Spirit app in compatibility mode for Windows 98....
And it works tested and functioning (fix used and worked for two other people)

Reactions: J
FOUND THE FIX FOR ANYONE GETTING AN ERROR CODE DURING JAILBREAK:
you won't believe this

Run the Spirit app in compatibility mode for Windows 98....
And it works tested and functioning (fix used and worked for two other people)

I have vista on my pc, how do you run it in 98 mode ??

Cheers

Things to know about spirit jailbreak:

Spirit is an untethered jailbreak.
Spirit works on all devices. (However, the redsn0w and PwnageTool flows will continue to work on those devices they’ve always worked on)
Spirit does not include a carrier unlock. (Please don’t bug @comex about that)
Spirit requires your device to be activated or hacktivated

VIDEO ON HOW TO PREPARE FOR SPIRIT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHLojsrL3k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone 3.1.3 / iPad 3.2 JAILBREAK "Spirit" Releasing soon!! PREPARE SHSH before it's too late![/ame]

If you have the new bootroom iphone, and you spirit to jailbreak, once you restart the iphone will it be stuck on itunes logo ?

so do i just click on jailbreak and that is it i have saved my shsh and it says it sent it to cydia

says it sent it to cydia wherever that is and is on my desktop even though when i try open the file it says windows cannot open this file so if thats right then yes i have saved it so i just now click jailbreak...thnx 4 help

hi guys, im on fw 3.0.1 , ive backed up my shsh files with the auto umbrella program,and in cydia it also says my shsh files are saved, i have downloaded apples 3.1.3 fw, im unsure wot i need to do threw itunes to update my fw, do i click the update button and browse to my new 3.1.3 fw or do i have to click restore button and browse to my new 3.1.3 fw ?
also i have synced with itunes but backed up my contacts another way aswell just in case so i think im pretty much set to go but stuck on that one part, thanks

thought i would add, im jailbroke which i used redsnow i think it was, also i dont need iphone unlocking as im with phones original provider

Last edited:
This will Jailbreak any device on any bootrom!!! You must though be on atleast firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. This works on all iPod touch models and iPhones!

However if you previously jailbroke and used geohots carrier unlock this is not for you. This is not an unlock this is a jailbreak!

If you do rely on the jailbreak for a carrier unlock stay well away from this as the carrier unlock could be a while away as the guy behind Spirit comex has confirmed he will not be working on the unlock.

Geohot is not also at present as most of the focus now moves onto os 4.0 which will be the next big thing.

Last edited:
also confirm the jailbreak on 3.1.3 , but as soon as i put winterboard on me it crashed and still trying to get it so it will reconise in itunes pmsl sorted and @ eXCLUSIVE YES MATE THIS WILL NOW LET YOU TURN UR PHONE OFF , AND WILL COME BACK ON well chuffed

Last edited:
works great just updated my 3gs to 3.1.3 then used this in win 98 combatibily mode
no more worrying about my phone turning off now

says it sent it to cydia wherever that is and is on my desktop even though when i try open the file it says windows cannot open this file so if thats right then yes i have saved it so i just now click jailbreak...thnx 4 help

stating the obvious here mate did u download the windows version , or right click it and run as admin if on vista or windows 7

Back