Spelling Don't Matter one Iota

stevie1ball

Inactive User
Reaction score
The other week there was a post refering to the speelling on DW Threads and Posts well Cambridge University say different.

Please read below :-

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Well there you are !!!!!!!!!!!

Easier to read than normal posts. :)

Spelling? :tongue:

"SPELLING" is the arrangement of letters to form language words. In most cases, a given language will settle on a particular spelling for a given word. The correct spelling will enable readers to properly distinguish the word and interpret its meaning.

Derr thick focker

The same could go for talking. I find it easier to communicate by pointing, using a combination of facial expressions and grunting sounds, kinda like a modern day Tarzan.

stevie,,, for a minit there i thought you wree witchy...

but very tru,, bad spelling or grammar, if you got half a brain you should be able to understand

If you examine the original post closely, you'll see that all the grammar and punctuation are correct and that all the words are actually spelt correctly, only the order of the letters, apart from the first and last, is jumbled.

If the letters used were incorrect,and the punctuation and grammar were wrong, the sentence would probably be unintelligible.

This thread is a pretty good advert for correct English usage.

For example, link.

Turned into bland chain e-mails by fuckwits.

Sorry, 'fkcutwis'.

strange that, cos i always pick people up on their grammer when they speak to me, i drive people mad when i do it.... lol

my mate is terrible, she'll say... i drive down the road...... err drove, lol

I think everybody whatever their intellect should always put 100% into whatever they are posting, be it grammar or spelling wise, its when people start to get lazy that vexes me. My ex is the worse with her text messages it takes me about a week to fathom them out. gr8, ru, nowt cu, m8 to name but a few.

The other week there was a post refering to the speelling on DW Threads and Posts well Cambridge University say different.

Please read below :-

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Well there you are !!!!!!!!!!!

well, your post seems to prove the opposite to your premise. as nera points out, the words are not spelt wrong, the letters are just rearranged.

well, your post seems to prove the opposite to your premise. as nera points out, the words are not spelt wrong, the letters are just rearranged.

the letters are in the incorrect order to match the word with one in the dictionary, its a spelling mistake, whether you can actually understand it or not, so the word is spelt wrong

And that would make them wrongly spelt.

Cat or tac?
Only one of those is correct. Tac may contain the same letters as cat, but for it to be spelled correctly they have to be in the correct order.

honestly.

Nah, that's just a typo.

nah m8, thats when you in the dam with the boys, and the missus texts 'are you having fun? miss you' and you text back 'yeh is brill here, wish you were her'

lol

It's not spelling that bothers me. Most people are short of time and don't check their posts before they hit reply.

What I hate is text speak. On a phone, I hate it, but can accept that it may save time. On a full size qwerty keyboard I refuse to believe it's any quicker than typing properly. It would actually take me longer to think about the "txt" abbreviation than it would to just post properly.

Back