Soundcard/speaker problems

janneh

Inactive User
Reaction score
I don't know which one it is but i'm sure something is not working properly. I just bought some new speakers, creative inspire t7900 7.1 to go with my creative audigy soundblaster se 7.1 card. Ever since i 1st plugged the speakers in I've had no sound what so ever, I've tried various drivers, None of which make any difference. I've plugged the jacks into my sound card and into some jacks above and i've even tried different colour combintions but nothing is working. The thing is though there is nothing to indicate on the speakers weather they are powered on or not, there is no gree light anywhere and when i turn it on i don't hear anything to suggest any power is on but It's fully plugged in. I'm running on vista 64, don't know if there is an issue there but i'm sure these speakers should just be plug and play! Also I've tried changing the sound setting changing the default speaker devices and you can see from the picture it's saying audio levels are being picked up but I don't hear anything with everything maxed. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
Can you try some other speakers plugged into your pc and see if they work?
Ask a friend to try your speakers in their pc, this should indicate which piece of kit is not working properly

Creatives docs on the Inspire T7900 don't give precise info.

So do you have power out of the PSU?

Is ther an LED on the controller that indicates power on.

Irrespective of the speakers being plugged in you should get at least a bump out of the subwoofer. Assuming that is all is connected properly to the controll unit.

Back