sony vaio laptop

sniper214

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys can somebody help me on this one i have a sony vaio and when i press the power button the lights flash but the laptop doesn't come on at all. The memory is ok and so is the hdd anyone got any ideas. cheers

but the laptop doesn't even try to start theres nothing when you press the power button.

The light/s flash therefore the machine is responding to your command to power up, from this you can deduce that power is reaching the mobo as this controls the lights.

Thats why I suspect the mobo power control, and, in my experience no beeps with no memory = mobo buggered, unless another device connected to the mobo has gone short stopping the mobo powering up to protect it.

My next move would be to uncouple the cd, hd, and any other peripherals and try to boot, if the lappy beeps then you know you have a fault in one of the peripherals and can try plugging them back in one at a time and see when the mobo fails to boot/beep.

As above could also try a bios reset.

Hope this helps you.

Muskrat

its a sony vaio pcg-frv28 then theres a label underneath sayin model pcg-9j4L so i didnt get back to you earlier .

got this sony to come on now at last but now it wants a password as soon as it comes on can anyone help me??? thanks

as soon as i switch on a black screen comes on with a blue box wanting a password so i can't start up in safe mode or is there a way round it? cheers muskrat

as soon as i switch on a black screen comes on with a blue box wanting a password so i can't start up in safe mode or is there a way round it? cheers muskrat
There might be password protection in the bios by the sounds of it, go into the bios and see if it will let you switch it off (the password protection), if not you will have to reset the bios to get rid of any bios password protection, not forgetting that the time/date will want correcting in the bios (if reset) on first start up.
Muskrat

if u have done bios reset, and u didnt have poweron password enabled b4 then i think it will be just rtn and then enter bios to turn off poweron password. If u had poweron password b4 then u will need to put in what it was b4.

also memory in socket is upgrade memory so there is the base memory still in lappy when u remove sodimm

Got the password sorted but now when i switch on it just beeps about a hundred times does anyone know what the problem is? thanks

Back