sony vaio laptop

sniper214

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys can somebody help me on this one i have a sony vaio and when i press the power button the lights flash but the laptop doesn't come on at all. The memory is ok and so is the hdd anyone got any ideas. cheers

the battery is ok and i have a power cable but the laptop doesn't come on the power light and other lights just flash.

Had a bit of a google using "sony vaio powering up problems", seems the vaio's have a bit of a problem with this.

Still suspicious of the mobo power control but there seems to be problems with the memory slots or types too.

Muskrat

As muskrat says try removing your RAM and booting and also try removing things like hdd and cd rom and booting.

have had ram out and pressed the power button but no beeps just the lights flased again.

Ram out and no beeps?

Sounds like the mobo's buggered mate. Should beep to tell you there's no system memory in.

[EDIT]Could try a bios reset, don't know if it will do any good though but may be worth a go.

Muskrat

Last edited:
just one thing though it can't beep untill it starts up can it??

Yep, the beeps are generated by the bios checking the system as it tries to start, the bios is the first thing accessed before any other processes are started so the machine would start to beep almost straightaway after you press the power on button.

Muskrat

Back