Some pre-sales advice please?

cormack12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I have read many guides over the past few days on moving from cable to satellite systems. I think I have it down to what I want to purchase. I'll be hopefully fitting it myself as I don't think any of the installation work looks too difficult just fiddly and time consuming. My location is NW, Cheshire (Runcorn). The wall that I'll be fitting dish to is south facing so should make things slightly easier.

The kit I've picked out so far is:

Technomate TM-5402 HD CI+ Super Satellite Receiver
Satgear 80cm Motorised Satellite Dish Kit - Dark Grey Dish

So firstly - hardware check; does that all look OK? Any issues I should know about regarding dish size and box bugs before picking this out?

I'd be hoping to pick up 3pm footy, the freesat channels and have the options of maybe getting the sky premium channels as well as HD. Now this is where I get a bit confused.

I have the box but understand I have to flash it and load images etc. Any more in depth explanation of this process would be appreciated at this stage.

Thanks for any assistance.

Get a Vu Duo or Vu Uno receiver if you can afford it, and get a Gibertini OP100L dish with T&K brackets with a Dark motor. Although m8 I would wait if I was you, no one knows whether where have 3pm footy yet for next season, although I could be wrong

Back