some games freezing via ex hdd?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a softmodded 4.1e wii and also got a 320g 2.5 ext hdd fitted. ive filled it and its got around 10g free on it. but a few of the games load up and then freeze and then i have to pull the power cable out to get it to come back on.
i know the games themselfs are ok as ive tryed them on disk so is there anything i can do to get them to work ok via the hdd or is the hdd to full to run them

does your external hd have its own psu?

it is recommended to use a harddrive with independent psu.

your harddrive may not be getting enough power from the wii.

Mine went like this and my problem was the mini usb connector on the hard drive had become worn, so new hard drive it was :(

cant see it being a worn usb conector as this is brand new last week and fully fat32 formatted. so far ive tryed around 20 games(theres 130 stored on the hdd) and 5 or 6 have frozen on me.
if i deleated some games off the hdd would that help at all?

Had a problem like that a re-format sorted it but you prob wont want to try that,
and you dont need to cut the power just hold the power button in for 5-6 sec

ive got a softmodded 4.1e wii and also got a 320g 2.5 ext hdd fitted. ive filled it and its got around 10g free on it. but a few of the games load up and then freeze and then i have to pull the power cable out to get it to come back on.
i know the games themselfs are ok as ive tryed them on disk so is there anything i can do to get them to work ok via the hdd or is the hdd to full to run them

What software are you using too transfer the games onto hdd with.

If its WBFS manager that might be the problem. try using WII backup manager instead.

its wiibackupmanager im useing. ive just gone and done a full format on the hdd and restarted from scratch. so i`ll let you know tomorrow if its sorted it lol as its going to take all night to put the games back on

right then ive re-done this portable hdd and ive still got the same problem ive also just tryed a m8s powered hdd and its the same problem.
ie horrid henry the game loads up great and then the game starts fine but after around 10secs the game contuines to play but your controller doesnt respond to it?

i had a similer problem with config usb loader when i updated to v62 and v62b.

what would happen is i would start the games like you say and the game would freeze and remotes stop communicating with wii...
i solved this by going back to v60...

sounds like a similer problem to yours...

try going back to v60 and see if tthat helps.

are you on cios 249 as well?

i had a similer problem with config usb loader when i updated to v62 and v62b.

what would happen is i would start the games like you say and the game would freeze and remotes stop communicating with wii...
i solved this by going back to v60...

sounds like a similer problem to yours...

try going back to v60 and see if tthat helps.

are you on cios 249 as well?

yes im on 249, any ideas how i can downgrade it to v60?

if your wii is online you can go into universal options, on your loader channel
then select check for updates.
you should then get a list of all available loaders and can select v60
or you can download this.
[ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/446341016/con_fig_loader.rar[/ame]

this is off my own hard drive. its on v60 with cios 249 and work perfectly.

then copy it over to your hard drive selecting copy and replace for everything except the wbfs folder.

that way your games will still be there.

if your wii is online you can go into universal options, on your loader channel
then select check for updates.
you should then get a list of all available loaders and can select v60
or you can download this.
http://rapidshare.com/files/446341016/con_fig_loader.rar

this is off my own hard drive. its on v60 with cios 249 and work perfectly.

then copy it over to your hard drive selecting copy and replace for everything except the wbfs folder.

that way your games will still be there.

cheers m8 thats worked a treat.

heya there i see you encountered the issue as we did , after much trawling through the internet we found out that the wii pre-loads for example a area or level or race , so with that after you accomplish sais race e.g it crashes as the hdd seems to have a built in sleep mode and has been triggered and its been said by another member having a independant psu helps but still dont stop the issue with games crashing during play me and my brother tried finding programs and software to no avail , we found by the off chance this method of a temp fix as unbelievable as it seems give it a try :)
we use wbfs to inject game iso's on hdd rather than the wii manager give it a shot let me know
hope this helps peeps

How to fix Wii crashing - YouTube

Back