Solo2 Jtag

Does anyone happen to flash through BBS Solo2 Mini?

I have the chipset Samsung K9F2G08U0C. And i cannot to recover the solo2. The broadband studio detect the box(Shows conected). But when i want to install the bootloader, the program returns the error:
"The starting offset is in bad block. The operation has been terminated."

Anibody happens the same?

thank you.

I have the chipset Samsung K9F2G08U0C. And i cannot to recover the solo2. The broadband studio detect the box(Shows conected). But when i want to install the bootloader, the program returns the error:
"The starting offset is in bad block. The operation has been terminated."

Anibody happens the same?

thank you.

As far as im aware there is no way back if the flash has a bad sector it needs external flashing which means removal anyway. I could be wrong but that is how i understand it and ive jtagged a few boxes in my time.

The problem should be the chip that it is damaged. I tried connect another vu+, not bricked. And i can download the bootloader.
What chip could be unbricked?Lonrinsun?

thank you

Guys just to confirm, are we now able to recover from a bricked box using jtag? If yes can anyone confirm which board we need to get and other cables etc needed. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I need to apply to all of the devices that open jtag or RS232 connection Can we get the message thanks

Hi,
today is just arrived the Jtag from China.
After drivers bomb I replaced the old flash with a new Toshiba flash and the box is working fine with VTI 6.0.5.
I'd like to check if Jtag works fine without damage the box.
I put the file "Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00.xml" where I installed broadcom studio 3 in the folder \flashes\
After connected the JTAG in Flash explorer, selected my Toshiba chip and selected UPLOAD In Flash operation can I upload the file of the flash without damage the box?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
today is just arrived the Jtag from China.
After drivers bomb I replaced the old flash with a new Toshiba flash and the box is working fine with VTI 6.0.5.
I'd like to check if Jtag works fine without damage the box.
I put the file "Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00.xml" where I installed broadcom studio 3 in the folder \flashes\
After connected the JTAG in Flash explorer, selected my Toshiba chip and selected UPLOAD In Flash operation can I upload the file of the flash without damage the box?
Thanks in advance

you have link to Jtag you got ? also will this work on the solo 2 mini ?

Thanks

Can anyone confirm the model of jtag that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board Module Logic Analyzer EEPROM

What does this log?
I flashed Solo2 Mini via jtag. Firmware is successful.
But the receiver does not start. The bootloader does not start.
d1f1a4b5909ebf0b248b6b9d564d5a49.jpg

Anybody has the bootloader for the Samsung K9F2G08U0C? It is to resurrect my box.
Thank you.

I have the exact same thing.
Just out of curiosity, does your board have a little daughter board with a chip and a crystal oscillator on it, where the security chip is normally sited, in between the back of the card reader and the two LNB inputs? If so, I'm a bit suspicious that the solo2.bin file on vu-hd isn't for these types of clone motherboards.
What does this log?
I flashed Solo2 Mini via jtag. Firmware is successful.
But the receiver does not start. The bootloader does not start.
d1f1a4b5909ebf0b248b6b9d564d5a49.jpg

I am seeking to find anyone that has managed to successfully recover their Solo2 NAND flash with the Broadcom Studio software.

What I am hoping for is that someone has taken a full BBS upload of their working flash chip and would be prepared to share it with me.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

I have the exact same thing.
Just out of curiosity, does your board have a little daughter board with a chip and a crystal oscillator on it, where the security chip is normally sited, in between the back of the card reader and the two LNB inputs? If so, I'm a bit suspicious that the solo2.bin file on vu-hd isn't for these types of clone motherboards.
You describe clone Solo2 (Sunray). I have Solo2 Mini (Lonrisun).
I do not know, maybe it's because of the boot solo2.bin.
If you find a solution - share.
solo2m.jpg

Last edited:
Back