Softmod: Splinter cell exploits NTSC or PAL?

svkhtn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, I am very new to Xbox.

I was going to mod my Xbox. I noticed that there are 2 files for Splinter Cell exploits in the packgage (NTSC and PAL). In the instructions on the top of this thread, it says to use the NTSC one. Can it be used with PAL xboxes?

I am wondering what is the difference between the two? Does it mean that if I use the NTSC exploit, in the end my xbox will output NTSC? Is it HDTV-up-scale ready if I use the NTSC exploit?

As far as know, in order to enable HDTV output, I have to use enigmah to do it. Am I right?

Looking forward to hearing from experienced members!
Many thanks.

I think thats just for the different game regions, use the pal exploit files for te pal game etc.

Atl east thats how I took it to be, could be wrong tho!

I cant remember but im sure I read it in the hotswap instructions, if you dont know what your xbox is just use PAL. You can change it to NTSC later but you need the HD AV Pack to enable HD.

But general rule if you dont know if your xbox is NTSC or PAL just go with PAL from what I read and understand.

Thanks for all the explanations. At first, I also thought PAL is for PAL xboxes and NTSC is for NTSC ones.

However, I read somewhere that you can mod your PAL Xbox to output HDTV (in NTSC). Can it be done with software only (i.e. enigmah)? Are there any differences from NTSC xboxes?

I've modded my pal xbox to an NTSC one as I had problems with an lcd tv thadidnt like some games outputted in PAL@60hz but would take an ntsc no probs.

I did this with the usual enigmah bootable CD.
You really only need to do this if you are going to use the Compnent (not RGB tho)
video out for HD Signals. There's not alot of point changing the output type otherwise.

Back