soft mod a xbox

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i was thinking of modding my sons xbox is it easy to soft mod it i have never tryed to mod a xbox so could someone tell me how to do this or send me a link on how to do it plz any help thanx

i wouldnt bother m8 soft modding works for a while and in the end you end up getting a modchip, if your not formiluar with solodering ide go for a solderless option from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk. there are a few to choose from, spider, spider gx,xemium spice. they all do the same job :)

thanx for that m8 i found a tut on soft mod i think ill soft mod it till some time after xmas i have downloaded the files i need do i need someone with a modded xbox to transfer the files cuz i dont know any one or can i just do it with my memory card if so how do i get them to my memory card can any one help thanx

i know now i need to use a ethernet cross-over cable but still dont know how i get the files to the memory card can someone help plz thanx

can i cut the lead on the on the control and conect a usb lead to it to transfer the files like this plz help i dont want to mess it up as its my sons thanx

Last edited:
better off buying a cheap mod chip like a alladin xt at least this way you wont kill the xbox
worse case ide say is chip wont function

wipe out wrong files with a soft mod and it wont even boot

Get yourself an action replay game save kit, it comes with a memory card and is very easy to transfer the soft mod files over. Also good for some extra game saves to get extra stuff on games. I used to chip xboxes but now just softmod lot easier and dont even have to get any tools out!

thanx for that sp8 i got a reply on what i wanted to know at last so if i get a action replay game save kit i dont need to know any one with a modded xbox thanx for your help m8

soft moddng

hi m8 i first started to do xboxs 6month ago and i sujest u buy a executer 2.6 lite because they are really easy to do and it wont kill ur xbox plus u will be able to play on xbox live when you switch it off. i kill 3 xbox when i tried to softmod so it aint worth it,

if you do use a mod chip then i recommend you get evox auto installer 2.6 its wicked.

:Chainsaw: :Cheers: :Chainsaw:

i tryed to put a MATRIX INFINITY chip in a ps2 about a year ago but i was crap at soldering then and i fooked up 2 ps2s but im ok at soldering now and i have got this MATRIX INFINITY chip sat in my draw and i think its only for ps2 so thats no good i was thinking of softmoding it becuase i dont think my wife will want me to open up the kids xbox after what happend to the ps2s about a year ago as i say im ok at soldering now but its my wife thats why i can only softmod it i could get a solderles one but i have still got to open it up thanx

Last edited:
Hi All

I have just brought my son an xbox for xmas and would like to mod it. I have no idea how to do this so would like a little advice.. I have seen a chip here http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/Spider-Modchip-Solderless-p-77.html and was wondering. When I purchase this chip is it just a case of slotting it into place and job done??? No adaptors? No wiring? ect..

Any advice would be helpful as I am running out of time for delivery prior to xmas..

Thanks

yeah i believe u dont need to solder anything. but to make sure it would be best to ring the place up on that site and ask them.

Back