sodding litons

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
did my first ever liton last month.. little bros..

uses mums pc my raid card.

went as smooth as silk

then did a mates my pc thisa time my raid card just as easy

both using JF and a CK3

then tried my other brotheres using mums pc.. would it erase, like fook would it ended flashing using dos flash method and worked.. tho would only read very few burns, but originals ok

now have my neighbours... and well freezing when trying to read key in jf.. kept loking up windows on powr on (stock drive) finally got key

would erase in windows

tried in dos when i power drive DOS FREEZEZ !!!! :S :S

soo tired jf again fully removed drivers.. now total lock up resulting in restart everytime i power on drive ??? and JF wont see the ports

any ideas ??

wvwery time i power on the drive in windows system just freezes up

cant do nout untill i hard reset the pc

all drivers in place, ide set to Compatible .. not enhanced in bios? Ive not bricked a drive yet but come close. I'm not really helping am I :) Is it one of the new ones out of interest ?

nope checked that first...

didnt know bout the bios thing will look into in a min

only think i can think is raid card is buggered...

but will see

Did you delete the drivers and install port32? Might need to do that again.

port io installed since doing my box over a year ago..

never removed drivers as never needed to never been an issue

even with the first liteon i done on this machine..

what gets me is the system freezes even under dos.. booting from ultimate xbox modding cd and running dosh flash from the hdd...

I'd wager its the fact ur using RAID instead of via, but what do I know with my yummie onboard Intel sata chips :)

its a via sata RAID card (with ide)

not had issues so far with it :S

really doing my head in

dont wanna be givving up my elite for a sodding doorstop arcade

remove drivers, it causes all kinds of issues.

benq, samsung, lite on - via card with no drivers
hitachi - onboard sata with drivers

only have a via sata card

without drivers installed JF dosent see the card /ports at all

also dont forget cant flash in dos eithetr

cause system to hang when drive is powered on

you need to make sure the card is in the correct state without drivers. theres a guide with jungleflasher.

if you still cant pick it up the card there is a portio issue.

also, build the dump with jungleflasher and flash it with dosflash32 as it can pick up drives jf misses.

Yep card should be Enabled but without drivers.

Grab the JF tut an head to the Appendix, that will walk you trough the correct process for removing the VIA drivers but leaving the Card iin the correct state.

flash it with dosflash32 as it can pick up drives jf misses.

system freezes in dos when drive is powered on.. will be trying a different machine a bit later.

Yep card should be Enabled but without drivers.

Grab the JF tut an head to the Appendix, that will walk you trough the correct process for removing the VIA drivers but leaving the Card iin the correct state.

followed that and no luck.. thing is never had an issue with the drivers installed before..

Nope, PortIO doesnt affect non-assigned sata addresses

that isnt what i was saying, i was saying portio issue as in not installed correctly or the fucked up issue i currently have with my ports being listed all wrong and on different controllers than what it is, not portio not working (as in a fault with portio directly).

and neorage, dosflash32 is a windows app, not dos.

Back