So what Black Friday sh#te have you bought ?

These days are long gone @chookey 😂

View attachment 140495

Cant go wrong with LG OLED though.
I get a cracking picture off mine.
Cheeky fecker. 😂
Mind you they weren't much more modern when I started. The Phillips g8 chassis was very popular and the b&w only Thorn 1500 chassis. No wonder I have such a bad back these days.

Cheeky fecker. 😂
Mind you they weren't much more modern when I started. The Phillips g8 chassis was very popular and the b&w only Thorn 1500 chassis. No wonder I have such a bad back these days.
Remember the triode and pentode valves? Lol
Paved the way for transistors? :)

I remember a relay sticking on a machine I was setting. So I used just power the machine down and give the relay a pock with an allen key and bobs your uncle, but this time I forgot to power it down. All I will say is I never did it again 🤔😵‍💫😆

I remember messing about on the old TV, the bit that sticks into the tube..think it was called a 3 strip tripler or something like that and nearly got electrocuted lol..was really shocking 😳

I've got one of these in the garage. Ulta Bermuda yom cira 1961. Frames collapsed but power supply still ok. This is a stock picture our case is darker wood.

Attachments

• ultra bermunda.jpg
    ultra bermunda.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 8
I remember messing about on the old TV, the bit that sticks into the tube..think it was called a 3 strip tripler or something like that and nearly got electrocuted lol..was really shocking 😳
The anode cap from the line output transformer plugged into the crt screen. I was tasked with replacing a screen in my early days. It was quite a job removing boards to get clearance. After removing the old screen I had it on my shoulder and carried it out the back. It was sometime at this point when the charge left in the screen decided to discharge into my right ear.
That was the day I invented break dancing. :oops:
Just remembered an old trick of mine where I would stand on my workshop mat with the cap removed from the screen, tv on and tap any unsuspecting colleague on the shoulder as they walked past.
That was the day they too learnt how to breakdance.

Ok i crumbled and bought a drain cleaner hose to clear a few pipes having drainage issues.
Bathroom has a long slow drain for shower.
Kitchen sink might have a bit of grease in it.
Garage might have a collapsed drain .

So thought its cheaper to buy a hose and try it.

Nilfisk Pipe Cleaning Attachment for Pressure Washers – Compatible with Nilfisk Pressure Washers – Ideal for Drain Clogs and Cleaning (15 m) : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen
I have a Nilfisk pressure washer, great bit of kit imo…

Remember the triode and pentode valves? Lol
Paved the way for transistors? :)
They're what I started on Dar. Tv's were were becoming hybrid in those days where they had a mixture of valves and transistors. We were forever adapting to the ever changing technology. That has never stopped I suppose.

Back