so piss*d off now !!!!

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
cant get this foooking sata card to work . installed and works in windows . boot up from floppy and its not there , tryed in 2 pc's used old install files and new . is there any settings lm missing in bios ? had a shit day at and now havin a shit . day here .. wot am l doing wrong here ?

need help please have to sort this . read all the tuts till my eyes have blead lol ..

using iprep and 1.2 firmware .

don't use iprep m8, use xtreme boot maker final version 4.0

try that and let us know how you get on.

does the way you do it need an mtkflash.exe? i havent done the iextreme way yet

Last edited:
don't use iprep m8, use xtreme boot maker final version 4.0

try that and let us know how you get on.

tried to use this m8 put there nothing on this site that will work with it .. cant import anything ?

i got my 5.3 f/w from 360hax and kept it in rar format, and when you go to last tab, and it asks for f/w, browse to the RAR file and it should input it staright away.

then scroll down a touch to the drop down box and click on list SCSI controllers, not the IDE as this chooses my onboard SATA and not pci sata.

VIA VT6421 Raid Controller

and mtkflash also rings a bell now it has been mentioned.

the ID and IO will be auto filled in.

then create your floppy using 1st tab 'create basic disc'

mtkflash also rings a bell now it has been mentioned.

its the only thing that stopped my sata card being recognized, the one i put in this thread worked for me

also Smirnoff, are you using the Internal sata port? not sure wot card you got m8 but only the internal one showed for me

its the only thing that stopped my sata card being recognized, the one i put in this thread worked for me

also Smirnoff, are you using the Internal sata port? not sure wot card you got m8 but only the internal one showed for me

feck, another good point there.

i use the internal one, and have a perspex side on my pc, and have the other end of my 1 metre sata cable going through a vent hole that did have some mesh over it.

sorry i missed that bit out too.

havent got the one u have highlander if u can upload . but have tried all others now , have just put in a little girls pc now , thats the third one and its the same , the only different thing is in computer setup there is raid controler options l set it to irq 3 l thing ( something like that ) and l have only used the 5.30c drivers posted somewhere on here not the ones that came with it ? theres a some settings l have .. in the piture pci l know its turned off but was tring different thing

its a pci card sata m8 2 sata one in and one on the out side and a ide .

iv l could ring someone l would appreciate it .. lm going to kick the fook out of it soon lol

Last edited:
i'm not sure, but try unchecking use custom mtkflash and use mine m8 if you can

i've not done it for a while and i havent tried the iextreme ;(

looks like elite738 is going to come to my house and have a look .. top guy .. if he gets it working lol

it took me almost two weeks to get my head round it lol. i could do it the old way in less than ten minutes now

i hope he gets it going for yer

l was getting that cheesed off was going to go and get a load of games and fook the money lol

Last edited:
@smirnoff is .net framework 2.0 installed on your p.c?

i believe iprep & bootmaker need this to work.

also check the force device box on iprep

@smirnoff is .net framework 2.0 installed on your p.c?

i believe iprep & bootmaker need this to work.

also check the force device box on iprep

yea it is m8 and tried with both . force and not forced

the only other thing i noticed on your device setting is that your sata card is crossed out(red)

try uninstalling/reinstalling and see how that goes,i believe you will have probs to this is installed correctly

the only other thing i noticed on your device setting is that your sata card is crossed out(red)

try uninstalling/reinstalling and see how that goes,i believe you will have probs to this is installed correctly

l did that just before picture then enabled again m8

is it showing up ok now on your device settings ?

i.e properties should say no conflicts,enabled etc.

bit of a bugger ,assuming youve already tried all the internal sata ports on the card,the other thing to try is the bios settings.

the card should have a raid/ide setting.

enter the cards bios at startup and disable raid.

Back