Currys collect and pay service

jondoe

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What a load of bollox this is ordered online for collect and pay available in one hour. 1.5hrs later i stroll into Currys Hermiston gate Edinburgh. collect and pay / till area empty. staff playing with mobiles and chatting. Eventually a member of staff drags himself out a chair and gives me the "aye wot" so i tell him im here to collect goods ordered online, but no there to ferkin lazy to get the goods out of stores within 1 hour so off he goes to get goods. not before having another chat with other staff.. tell me is there some kind of staff joke that customers dont get "lets see how many customers we can piss off today ha ha ha ho ho ho". after all were the ones paying your wages. you lazy bone idle feckers.. oh yes another bad day for me

I've used that service before, and they knew sweet FA about it when I turned up to collect.

...but then it is Currys, what do we expect?

I've used it a few times, most of the time I've had to wait until they go get the item from stock (about 15 minutes)

I thought the idea was they already got it from stock and you collect it from the till point.

what pisses me off about some ships in genual and it happens quite alot in shops I go into. You ask a question to someone working there, like do you know where such and such is or do you have any stock or when getting any stock in and all they say is " No i don't know" and that's it. Well don't you think if you was doing your job properly you would at least go and ask someone that did.

Currys though used click and collect before went in and they didn't even have it in stock!

It's quite unbelievable some of the shocking service you get in retail stores these days. You'd think they'd be grateful to have a bloody job, but instead you get looked at like you're some kind of tosser because you've interrupted their chat. The one thing that pisses me off the most is when they carry on chatting while ringing your stuff up on the till and then stick their hand out without even telling you the total..... GRRRRRR!

It's quite unbelievable some of the shocking service you get in retail stores these days. You'd think they'd be grateful to have a bloody job, but instead you get looked at like you're some kind of tosser because you've interrupted their chat. The one thing that pisses me off the most is when they carry on chatting while ringing your stuff up on the till and then stick their hand out without even telling you the total..... GRRRRRR!

Despite the poor senior management and those so far detracted from what happens on the shop floor, wouldn't you think they would maybe have this moment of realisation that looks towards what happened to Comet and their employees...they suffered because of poor customer service (ok it wasn't just that)....but there is enough to learn from to attempt to stand out.

I've only ever used the service twice, and the items were waiting for me as i entered.

however the rest of my experience regarding shopping at Currys, is as frustrating as trying to push wet spaghetti up a hill.
but then shopping at the Dixons group has been like that for over 30 years.

I too get dismayed with the poor service offered in a lot of places. I didn't used to do anything about it but nowadays if I feel inclined I ask to speak to managers and complain about the staff. It probably does no good as the shift manager is probably exactly the same but has worked there a year longer and gets an extra fiver a week.

I did this in a bar recently where I was ignored for about five minutes while the (five, perhaps) staff had a conversation before they looked up and served someone that had just walked up to the bar. When I asked for the manager she told me she'd be back to talk to me in a few minutes to which I replied that those few minutes had already been spent waiting to be served and that she would hear my complaint immediately :).

Complaining actually makes me feel worse in the short term but I also feel bad if I don't say something about poor service. I try to avoid places that have done me an injustice.

Back