Snow Socks £14.99

I bought some of those a few years back and never used them but I was looking for them a few weeks back and can't remember where I put them or what the bag or box they are in looks like :(

Hopefully I will be OK this coming winter as I recently got a pair of Michelin CrossClimate tyres fitted to my Fabia. I sometimes struggled gettiing it off the drive in winter as it is quite a steep one and then the road leading up to the main road is also quite steep and lots of people struggle getting of the cul de sac at times, unless they have a 4 wheel drive.

I bought some of those a few years back and never used them but I was looking for them a few weeks back and can't remember where I put them or what the bag or box they are in looks like :(

Hopefully I will be OK this coming winter as I recently got a pair of Michelin CrossClimate tyres fitted to my Fabia. I sometimes struggled gettiing it off the drive in winter as it is quite a steep one and then the road leading up to the main road is also quite steep and lots of people struggle getting of the cul de sac at times, unless they have a 4 wheel drive.

My other half has CrossClimates on her Golf and i drove it during our last snow fall and they did really well tbf. I couldn't get anywhere in my Leon with summer tyres on without using Socks but they did better than the Crossclimates.

I live at the bottom of a fairly steep hill and i flew up with the socks on.

Are they easy to fit ferret? I'm in the same boat, got a couple of hills to get home. I've just put 4 X vredestein quantrac pro all seasons on my Mazda and for 2 X sets of snow tracks in the boot. I don't have a lot of Clearance from tyre to wheel arch as I've got 18" rims. Just looked they don't have my size 215 45 r18.

Last edited:
Are they easy to fit ferret? I'm in the same boat, got a couple of hills to get home. I've just put 4 X vredestein quantrac pro all seasons on my Mazda and for 2 X sets of snow tracks in the boot. I don't have a lot of Clearance from tyre to wheel arch as I've got 18" rims. Just looked they don't have my size 215 45 r18.
What you do mate is fit them over the top of the tyre roll the car back and fit some more untill youve got all the way round.

Then you set off and embarrass all the 4x4 drivers 🤣

Shame they dont cover your size.

There's a video of someone fitting and testing them here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are lots more on YouTube showing how effective they are.

Back