Slave/Partner box?

yaya

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Vu+ Solo2 receiver with both tuners connected to the dish and wired network am looking at the options for another room.

Can a second box (receiver, android, other) access the VU+ Solo2 the same way as my iPad and view recordings and live tv in a user-friendly manner?

I have a single sat connection and Cat5 in the other room.

Thanks,
Yaya

Yes that is possible. Install remote channels stream converter plugin on client receiver. You will use a free tuner on server receiver.

There is also a partnerbox plugin.

Thanks Abu, what box (low cost) would you recommend?

Any E2 receiver running a PLI/OE-A image will work. Even with a faulty tuner.

TM Nano-Se is among cheapest genuine E2 receiver you can get.

My main box is running Blackhole...is that a problem?

It shouldn't be. My receivers don't run Blackhole, so I have not confirmed this.

GigaBlue offer the aptly named GigaBlue IP Box at £79 for exactly this kind of setup.

It's basically an Enigma2 receiver without tuner but is tailored to work as a slave receiver and won't require you to install any extra plugins to work or worry about what image is on the master receiver, it will be able at first setup to scan your local network for other Enigma2 receivers and let you choose the one to pair with which not only shares tuners but also channel bouquets, EPG and even HDD if you wish and of course softcam information (it only need be entered on the master receiver) and because the IP Box was designed for this job you can schedule updates so your bouquets are always kept up to date, and being Enigma2 you of course still have access to all the usual popular plugins which run on the IP Box itself.

The GB seems overpriced when you can but a tuner box for near enough same price and have option of us I g tuner in future

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You can buy a similar spec'd receiver (same chipset etc. but with tuner) for less, but while it can work with the third party plugins mentioned it's won't work quite like the GigaBlue IP Box where it searches for other E2 receivers over the network on the startup wizard and can't be setup quite as well to schedule updates like the IP Box, so yes if you are comparing to simply another E2 receiver there are cheaper to be had, but if you are comparing it for what it actually is then there is nothing exactly like this to compare it to... It's made in mind to achieve exactly what the original poster wanted, yes you can have similar from a normal E2 receiver, but not quite the same, a case of choices to make based on what you really want and need perhaps now in the future. As ever, he who uses chooses I guess. I have setup an IP Box over a set of HomePlugs some months ago now and never needed to return to it to re-setup, it just works. :)

I didn't mention any sellers of any receivers, simply offered advice on how it actually works in respect of the IP Box against using a regular Enigma2 receiver with third party plugins, thus helping the original poster make a more informed decision.

To be fair there was no mention of any sellers otherwise it would of been removed

You forgett to mention that you are the main seller of these stb's in UK.

People who didn't know, know now ;)

Back