Skype from messenger

timekeeper

DW Regular
Reaction score
Had to change over to skype due to msn messenges coming to an end , just lately i keep getting messages from someone ive not added to my contacts , if i right click there are a load of options greyed out , most importantly the block option !!

My settings are set to only allow people in my contact list to message or call , all the help on the skype site is in the mac section , anybody know how to overcome this on a pc ??

Uninstalling it maybe the final option lol

You can still sign into your messenger even tho you've merged your contacts, try blocking them from there.

You'll also find a few other Q's + A's here - https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA...hen-i-merge-my-skype-and-microsoft-accounts#1

I merged my contacts but I dont like skype for typing on, guess old habits die hard but I prefer skype for video calling and msn messenger for typing on. ATM I'm still using msn messenger but will be forced to swap over in march :(

i kept gettting them last year two from skype just ignored it im still gettin g messenger ok

i switched over to skype but couldnt transfer my contacts over...hotmail.com wasnt even listed in the drop down menu to select from where you want to import your contacts from?..went back to msn messenger....seemed it was a common problem when trying to use skype...

Using Skype - but not really a fan. Its great for video messaging but nothing can beat good old msn. It seems Skype is less configurable (especially if your trying to conceal it from work ;) )

i read they were moving all users from MSN to Skype however i have never checked my account and also for business users if your company uses Lync from what i have read that you will be able to federate skype into lync 2013

not happy about having to move to skype hope I dont incur any problems myself

I havent used msn messenger in years. Was thinking about skype but not sure still

i think you will need to switch from hotmail back to outlook but you still use the email address as hotmaim

Back