Skybox F3 Skybox F3 rebooting when sky cable connected

insurin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I got a new Skybox F3 from ebay. I put aj's latest channel list on and I think it's March 2013 firmware. It was working on day 1 but today (day 2) when switching the box on, the lcd counts upto 100 and reboots. Tried loads of times. I took out the sky cable that comes from the dish and the box boots fine but obviously no signal. I have another box running the same firmware without any issues. Any ideas or should I just change the firmware or send the box back for replacement.

I would suggest trying another firmware. I have an older one you can try.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi pfj

Are you using firmware from skybox.cc as I think that is where I can get all the firmware versions. I am going to re install firmware March 2013 later and if that fails try an earlier one.

Could the box be receiving too much power from the sky cable causing it to reboot?

Could AJ's channel list have an affect. I might delete all channels as well and see if it comes on with the sky cable connected.

cheers

update:

It was a bad connection on the cable that feeds into the skydish. The pin was bent and the rain cover was no on so the cable was probably wet too. It must have been shorting the box out. Anyway back up and running. Thanks for the help

Back