SKY UK in the USA, California

ZGrimV

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm soon to move to the California and I am totally in the dark on whether it makes sense to take my sat dish and dreambox 800 hd.

Might seem like a daft question but am I able to pick up signal for SKY channels in the US? Anyone got some advice or can point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Mark

Not even if you took the Jodrell Bank Dish with you. The orbital position of 28.2 ( Sky UK) from North America means that it cannot be received with domestic satellite equipment in USA.

will no doubt get better option over the water

Sorry had to laugh you honestly wont be missing much, you will get much better choice using the US sat services. If you really badly want it then perhaps try using something like sling pro to send signal over ip?

I think people do miss uk tv, I've watched yank tv when on holiday and its even the little things like the news. Best bet would be iptv.

I think people do miss uk tv, I've watched yank tv when on holiday and its even the little things like the news. Best bet would be iptv.

I would survive, moving to California not many get the chance to do it, enjoy.

you will certainly get more live premier league football in the usa than you can in uk,f1 is covered also, just about every british program can now be downloaded through torrents shortly after airing so i cant see you missing much at all.id love to go and live over there

your gonna need a really big dish, no thats not big enough!! think bigger, no bigger again, ahhh forget it, iptv is the way to go....

Your easiest option is if you know anyone with a sky subscription is maybe pay them a tenner a month and use their account with sky go using a VPN.

kinda works but limited channels

slingbox deffo worth thinking about but surely better options over there

yip cheap fire stick and kodi
small for taking with you works well as a mate uses one in palm springs

Back