Sky tv fookin con merchants...!

CAROLANN

Inactive User
Reaction score
I called sky to ask about getting one of thier all in one packages, Tv, Broadband and phone.

Tv pack is basic variety mix @ £17 per month which is forced upon you if you want to get the phone and broadband.

The "up to" 16Mb Max unlimited broadband @ £10 quid per month.

The phone, sky talk unlimited @ £5 per month + sky line rental @ £10 per month (to avoid having any rental contract with bt).

so thats >
£17 + £10 + £5 + £10 = total £42.00 per month.

Onto that theres a minimum "12 months contract".

Anyways, i thought to myself, surley if you take that package and say after a few months you phone them up and say ""ive been made unemployed now, I cant pay £42 per month, I need some help here, I would like to cancel my £17 per month variety tv mix and just keep the phone and broadband package"".

You know what the twats said, "no, you cant cancel anything during the first 12 months or else your liable to costs", so i said " what about after the 12 months, can i cancel the tv pack then and continue with just broadband and phone ?" the guy says "NO, if you cancel the tv pack you also lose the phone and broadband too.""

I explianed how rediculous that was and how they would lose customers as some people like to chop and change services etc, he says , well read the terms and conditions and you will see its correct, i says Fook the terms and conditions, in reality it stinks and isnt good at all, i says to the guy, you can shove any potential contract up your arse from me mate, I for one wont go to sky.

What a bunch of Shit, ehh ???

Iam gettin fookin pissed off lookin for the best adsl brodband/ phone and tv deal man, thought sky was the answer until i heard that shite tonight.

(unless you know different of course ?)

Rant done for now, lol.

tell me about it mate, im after tv / phone / internet for my new flat and there just doesnt seem to be anywhere half decent to turn especially as money is so tight! :(

Are you in a VM area, as I've always found them up for a deal!
I pay £19 for 2 meg bb, and unlimited phone calls day or night.
I added the max TV package myself ;)

Their contracts are for 12 months then the price always goes up. I always ring and re-negotiate.

Curly

images
+
library.jpg

Best deal around - no finders fee either

tell me about it mate, im after tv / phone / internet for my new flat and there just doesnt seem to be anywhere half decent to turn especially as money is so tight! :(

yea mate, nightmare, its busting my balls man :(

BT isnt bad, you can get their total broadband and BT Vision for about £30 a month, plus the telephone line rental.

And it comes out quarterly.

BT isnt bad, you can get their total broadband and BT Vision for about £30 a month, plus the telephone line rental.

And it comes out quarterly.

i dont know how much truth is in this but i heard that if you get a company that uses their own equipment at the phone exchange rather than bt's then you would most likley get a better speed, ohh and plus the obvious fact that you also wouldnt have to have any contract with bt for line rental etc.

actually - what you are referring to there is called local loop unbundling (LLU). With this, you essentially rely on your ISP to maintain and own the best equipment in order to connect you to the internet. For years I used to think that a midi-managed service would be better, as a smaller company would be more interested in looking after its customer base. Unfortunately, this belief is a load of bollocks.

Instead, you have to deal with disinterested employees who couldnt care less about the poorly maintained sub-standard hardware they are forced into looking after. Since moving to BT, I have personally never had a better class of service. I dont think for one minute that everyone thinks they are great, but for the money you get a good deal.

Regardless of what company you go with, you always have to pay line rental and it ultimately ends up with BT, so dont be fooled into thinking you will be able to get out of paying it.

is the top package from bt unlimited, i mean, no restrictions at all ?? you know that fair useage crap ?

Also, a mate of mines says he was with a company, cant remember what one, he says he was on up to 8Mb package and switched to up to 16Mb package (same company) and his download speeds went from 6Mb to 10Mb, again, i dont know how much truth is in that but i do know that the guy isnt in the habit of making stories up and hes serioulsy into computer tech too, so it makes me wonder, hmmm.

Yes, he is making it up. Many people misunderstand the bandwidth promises made by ISP's. The number advertised in the packages refers to Megabits per second - no Megabytes. There is a significant difference.

1 megabyte equals 8 megabits. You mate would have seen a slight rise in his download speeds due to the extra bandwidth, but this is subjective to the nature of the services he was using at the time.

Anyway, back to your question, yes there are restrictions. There are no ISP's in the UK who do not offer an 'unlimited' service without a fair usage policy.

Back