Sky SportsMidfielder of the Year

i just think its funny how people judge skill over everything else

just goes to show what people know about football

OLAY ffs, yeah that stepover was class but we are 4 nil down.

i would pick gerrard, mackalale, essian, before any of the poeple mentioned above then when the defence and midfield is solid buy some flair players that wont reck the place.

scholes is a very nice player to have but he is getting a bit old and i think that man u have done well with hargreeves as he is defensive and has a very GOOD

i just think its funny how people judge skill over everything else

just goes to show what people know about football

OLAY ffs, yeah that stepover was class but we are 4 nil down.

i would pick gerrard, mackalale, essian, before any of the poeple mentioned above then when the defence and midfield is solid buy some flair players that wont reck the place.

scholes is a very nice player to have but he is getting a bit old and i think that man u have done well with hargreeves as he is defensive and has a very GOOD WORK

threads about best midfielder not best striker so whats rooney got to do with it

rooney dosnt score many goals

id still rather have gerrard than rooney in my team

ronaldhinho is over rated if u took his penaltys away and freekicks he averages what 1 in every 4/5 games and thats not great for world class midfeilder

and didnt chelsea offer 50 million?????????????

scholes is a has bean

Every football pundit agrees Rooney is Englands best closely followed by Gerrard so if ur saying that now why did u say scholes was, take off you red tinted glasses

One think to your point Scholes has retired from Internationals

Mickie D if you have good back four you don't necessarily need defensive midfielders maybe a box to box but that it. You need flair players in the game

Everyone has their opinion so thats why there are different views

lol

both scholes and gerrard are GREAT players. gerrard pips on his ALL ROUND game. but dont say that they are not even in the same league. that absolute bollocks. for technique, vision and shooting ability. scholes has been and is the the best english player for the last decade.

players like gerrard are a dying breed. not many blockbustiung centre mids left.

lol

both scholes and gerrard are GREAT players. gerrard pips on his ALL ROUND game. but dont say that they are not even in the same league. that absolute bollocks. for technique, vision and shooting ability. scholes has been and is the the best english player for the last decade.

players like gerrard are a dying breed. not many blockbustiung centre mids left.

I agree with you m8, I would love to see Scohles in a Liverpool shirt beside Gerrard as they are 2 great players, just like Manyoo fans would love Gerrard, even though they wont admit it and hate him, I do believe we have seen the best of Scholes though but still a great player. The model professional, I dont think I have ever seen such a dedicated player who doesnt hog the media spotlight.

technique, vision, shooting

best in the last ten years ?

hmmm bergkamp, henry, di caneo, cantona and they are better at them 3 stats.. i think you should quote his overal game as i am sure everyone will agree there is many players that can beat scholes for them stats.

shcholes is work rate, consistancy, temperment, passing, attack rate he is head and shoulders above most of them.

on the whole scholes is a great player and yes you could not say they are not in the same league maybe thats harsh but i know all throughout there carears i would take gerrard over him without hesitating!

regards

hmmm bergkamp, henry, di caneo, cantona and they are better at them 3 stats..

he says best english player in last 10 yrs

surely one of the below must be better

alan shearer
andy cole
tony adams
david beckham
paul gascoigne
and others that ive missed

emile heskey..........only joking lol

he is the best in the last 10 years for an English player in that position as Shearer was sheer class as was and is Becks, Cole (Scolesy possibly better in my opinion), Gasgoine never justified him self was a quality player.

ahh yes i appologise so he did ;)

paul gascoigne and alan shearer i would agree with dont know about the rest, ian wright maybe had better vision and shooting than scholes..... unsung and 100% matt le tissier had them all better than scholes.

and it just goes to show what crap we have at england i can think of loads of players abroad and in the prem with better stats on vision, shooting, technique

Last edited:
i loved watching le tissier pitty english managers didnt like him too much

technique, vision, shooting ermm....

have you seen the goals gerrard has scored this season and last, have you seen the passes he has made have you seen his goals, no way is scholes better than him in any of them department, the guy cant even tacle so how can he be even be in the same league as gerrard, i would never want to see scholes in a liverpool team and thats not because of him played for man u but we have better midfielders than him in our team already in the same position, i think gerrard is overall the COMPLETE midfielder that any manager would dream of having in their team and even alex ferguson and the first name on the team sheet would be gerrard and not scholes in my opinion..

Would have had my money on Ronaldo picking up this award to due to the season he's had. Don't grudge arteta it though as he's had a cracking season to.

How did this thread actually manage to go from 'Midfielder of the Year' to who's the best midfielder in the world anyway? Being the best midfielder in the country doesn't automatically entitle you to 'Midfielder of the Season' does it? Or have I missed something in the first few posts?

How did this thread actually manage to go from 'Midfielder of the Year' to who's the best midfielder in the world anyway?

off topic ?

its hardly a million miles away.

Well Ronaldo replies saying that the result was surprising but well done to Arteta which I agree with.
And then for some reason he gets stick for posting this because he doesnt mention Gerrard is a better player. Gerrard is a better player than Arteta but the thread was about Midfielder of the Year (which should go to the player who has played consistently well throughout the season and not to a player simply based on ability & reputation) so why give the guy stick for that?

For me a very suprising result Arteta , the thing is Gerrard and scoles are fantasic footballers , there ability is second to none , and both a lot better than Arteta , but this season alone i would have to pick Ronaldo purley on this seasons performace , , Its all about peoples personal opinion this is just mine .

just checked this thread. gerrard is the better player. i dont doubt that. but taking the mickey out of scholes is unacceptable. he is a quality player. when you look at man utd paying 17mil for carrick then as a man utd fan i really have to appreciate scholes. lol

as for le tissier. pure magic loved his goals. one of the most underated english players of the last decade. very similar to scholes.

to be honest the rest of the english midfielders are very limited in technique and ability. we had the likes of robson, platt, gascoigne who could do more than just pass or tackle. but nowadays they are crap. wheres that bit of magic, ie fabregas, essien, etc.

thank god we got the best defenders and goalkeepers around. lol

Hmnnnn!!!!!!!!!!
And i was thinking Ronaldo was the best player in the premiership this year, so did the majority of his fellow proffesionals.

Now that i am wrong , i think most of you guys should take up being a football pundit.Well done lads.

I agree Gerrard is class, and i stated once before i would love to see him in a proper red shirt.

Now what does Ronaldo have to do to please you guys, he is still a youngen and is already winning medals. He can only get better.

I agree with Ronaldo scholes is slightly better than Gerrard, now if he was to change his mind and start playing for england, then he would be first team starter every time, even you guys would have to agree with that, i am sure your not that dumb.

Nobody quoted or commented on this very usefull post it seems aftermath has both eyes clearly open well done i totally agree
A very good post

dont want to hijack this thread
BUT
who would you have in the middle for england
Scholes
Gerrard
Lampard
or would you put 2 of the aforementioned wide of the creator?

technique, vision, shooting

best in the last ten years ?

hmmm bergkamp, henry, di caneo, cantona and they are better at them 3 stats.. i think you should quote his overal game as i am sure everyone will agree there is many players that can beat scholes for them stats.

shcholes is work rate, consistancy, temperment, passing, attack rate he is head and shoulders above most of them.

on the whole scholes is a great player and yes you could not say they are not in the same league maybe thats harsh but i know all throughout there carears i would take gerrard over him without hesitating!

regards
hmmm see them in an england shirt

Does Gerrard paly for England? I ve watched their games it seems not, goes missing far to much IMHO played well from time to time id rather have Scholes asthma or not.

Back