Sky SportsMidfielder of the Year

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A huge 55,000 votes were cast in our poll and a surprise winner emerged, with Everton star Mikel Arteta pipping PFA Player of the Year and Footballer of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo to our award.

The Blue half of Merseyside clearly mobilised their troops to get voting as Arteta claimed 31 per cent of the vote, a full seven per cent clear of the Manchester United star.

Steven Gerrard (18), Paul Scholes (10) and Cesc Fabregas (9) all polled well, but both Ryan Giggs and Steve Sidwell only managed to claim one per cent of the vote

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...1490&title=Midfielder+of+the+Year+-+Your+View

hes no where near as good as gerrard come on ronaldo even a blind person would no that much....Gerrard is the best midfielder in the world in my opion and has been since last few years. even the so called ronaldinho has said that...and he plays with Kaka for the national team...

If your saying Gerrard is the best central midfielder i for one can't agree with that as Kaka is miles ahead of Gerrard

Gerrard is in the top 5 midfielderS in world football but no where near the best in world LOL

Kaka is better then him

Seedorf is class

Ronaldhinio is better then Gerrard in the central role

Scholes is better then Gerrard no doubt

And Gerrard had an average season this year so i can see why he didn't win it and for the record Ronaldo is the best player in world football at present closely followed by Kaka

Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho rates Steven Gerrard more highly than Manchester United counterpart Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Barcelona forward played against Gerrard three times last season – and the encounters left him in no doubt as to his quality.

"Cristiano is a great player. But Steven Gerrard is, for me, one of the very best in the world," said Ronaldinho.

"For the job he performs, for me, he is one of the greatest."

i guess ur right lol...

comon you are having a laugh aint you

scholes is a good player a very good player but gerrard is in another league.

i dont even think kaka is better than gerrard... because a player has skill people think they are better.

for me gerrard has everything, can take on players, score amazing goals, defend far better than any of the players you suggested, makes accurate tackles, passes as good as anyone, fast and hardly gets injured.

so you outweigh a tackle with a stepover then?

for me the stepovers can come when the team is 2-3 in front not when your chasing the game and how many of them players can dig deep like gerrard and he is a perfect captain to boot

im a huge fan of gerrard and im not a liverpool fan so its unbiast.

ronaldo however has had a great season and you cant deny him that right!

but if you asked me who i would like playing for arsenal i would choose gerrard unless of course we had two rocks in central midfielf that was as good then i would want ronaldo hands down.

but im sure most clubs need a top leader and a solid midfielder before stepovers

Regards

Last edited:
Hmnnnn!!!!!!!!!!
And i was thinking Ronaldo was the best player in the premiership this year, so did the majority of his fellow proffesionals.

Now that i am wrong , i think most of you guys should take up being a football pundit.Well done lads.

I agree Gerrard is class, and i stated once before i would love to see him in a proper red shirt.

Now what does Ronaldo have to do to please you guys, he is still a youngen and is already winning medals. He can only get better.

I agree with Ronaldo scholes is slightly better than Gerrard, now if he was to change his mind and start playing for england, then he would be first team starter every time, even you guys would have to agree with that, i am sure your not that dumb.

Last edited:

Your post had a bit of merit until that part....manyoo tinted glasses or what.

Once again another manyoo fan cannot admit to the LFC captain being the best there is in midfield.

I like watching Ronaldo for his tricks and he had a great season last year...but its the 1st great season he has had for you, the previous year even Giggs called him a show pony and wanted him dropped.
As for Scholes...he is good but was better and has lost it a bit due to his age and wouldnt be in the top 20 of the world midfielders....unless it was voted for by manyoo fans that is.

It is impossible to reason with you manyoo fans, you are so biased its unbelieveable.

Last edited:
there is no better player in the world than steven gerrard and that is a fact...just look at his international performances..... and champions league ggames against the top oposition in the world...all of the professional midfieldders who have played against him have said what a great player he is...eg..ronaldinho, kaka, etc... scholes is better than gerrard my a*se..lol.. youre having a laugh.. yes hes a good player but no way in the same league as gerrard....why cant man u fans just admit that gerrard is better

steven gerrard is my best centre midfielder in the world and is one of the best leaders/captain aswell

ronaldo saying scholes is way better lmao

Kaka when do u ever see him in midfield hes all over the place, and he cant tackle

Seedorf used to be great past it now

Ronaldhinio everytime i watch him hes upfront or left mid and he never plays with consitency and a poor finisher

Scholes 1 good season in 3 years, worst tackler in the world, centre midfeild isnt just about running forward

comon you are having a laugh aint you

scholes is a good player a very good player but gerrard is in another league.

i dont even think kaka is better than gerrard... because a player has skill people think they are better.

for me gerrard has everything, can take on players, score amazing goals, defend far better than any of the players you suggested, makes accurate tackles, passes as good as anyone, fast and hardly gets injured.

so you outweigh a tackle with a stepover then?

for me the stepovers can come when the team is 2-3 in front not when your chasing the game and how many of them players can dig deep like gerrard and he is a perfect captain to boot

im a huge fan of gerrard and im not a liverpool fan so its unbiast.

ronaldo however has had a great season and you cant deny him that right!

but if you asked me who i would like playing for arsenal i would choose gerrard unless of course we had two rocks in central midfielf that was as good then i would want ronaldo hands down.

but im sure most clubs need a top leader and a solid midfielder before stepovers

Regards

I know what you mean Mickie as he is very good and i for one would love to see him at United but Scholes has something about him that makes him a class act but as an all round player i agree Gerrard is better then Scholes but as an attacker i would go for Scholes his football brain is magnificent and its what England are missing!

steven gerrard is my best centre midfielder in the world and is one of the best leaders/captain aswell

ronaldo saying scholes is way better lmao

Kaka when do u ever see him in midfield hes all over the place, and he cant tackle

Seedorf used to be great past it now

Ronaldhinio everytime i watch him hes upfront or left mid and he never plays with consitency and a poor finisher

Scholes 1 good season in 3 years, worst tackler in the world, centre midfeild isnt just about running forward

If Ronaldhinio is poor finisher why does he have 20 odd goals in La Liga

Remember 2 players in their prime Zidane and Tevez they were quality but they were hardly tacklers now were they? but they were the 2 best players of their generation in their positions.

Gerrard is a better attacker than Scholes is, dont get me wrong Scholes is a good player. Gerrard can do them crossfield balls to perfection, hes also versatile, can play on the right, not the best right sided midfielder but he'll give you 110% everytime, or just behind the striker in 4-5-1.

Just absolute Class!!!!!: multi :: multi :

Hey ronnie are we beginning to see you looking through only one Manyoo tinted glass...lol
You said at 1st that Scholes was better than Gerrard no doubt, then you changed to Gerrard is a better all round midfielder than Scholes. Glad you are starting to admit the truth.

Paul Scholes is one on my all time favorite English players because he was a class act and a true professional footballer who played for the club and didnt want all the publicity. But he isnt as good as he was 2-3 years ago, he could still do a job for England, but they needed him in the world cup but he had retired from internationals and he also had that eye problem.

If Ronaldhinio is poor finisher why does he have 20 odd goals in La Liga

Remember 2 players in their prime Zidane and Tevez they were quality but they were hardly tacklers now were they? but they were the 2 best players of their generation in their positions.

20 goals in 31 games 15 are freekicks or penaltys , take away them his records poor,

he looks average everytime i see him play

id rather have gerrard in my team than any other midfeild player in the world

and ronaldo stop contradicting yourself scholes is no were near gerrards standards clubs would pay 50million for gerrard, i cant see clubs paying that for scholes

well i can't see many clubs paying £50 million for him and it is understandable Scoles ain't worth as much due to his age!

20 goals in 31 games 15 are freekicks or penaltys , take away them his records poor,

he looks average everytime i see him play

id rather have gerrard in my team than any other midfeild player in the world

and ronaldo stop contradicting yourself scholes is no were near gerrards standards clubs would pay 50million for gerrard, i cant see clubs paying that for scholes

Anyway regardless as to how he got his goals it means he can finish because if he was a poor finisher then he wouldn't have scored so do you know what back up your claims about Ronaldhinio,

Ronaldhinio is way better the Gerrard oh and also if Rooney is Englands best player and isn't even the best player in the world how can Gerrard be the best!!!

Every football pundit agrees Rooney is Englands best closely followed by Gerrard

Last edited:
threads about best midfielder not best striker so whats rooney got to do with it

rooney dosnt score many goals

id still rather have gerrard than rooney in my team

ronaldhinho is over rated if u took his penaltys away and freekicks he averages what 1 in every 4/5 games and thats not great for world class midfeilder

and didnt chelsea offer 50 million?????????????

scholes is a has bean

Every football pundit agrees Rooney is Englands best closely followed by Gerrard so if ur saying that now why did u say scholes was, take off you red tinted glasses

i just think its funny how people judge skill over everything else

just goes to show what people know about football

OLAY ffs, yeah that stepover was class but we are 4 nil down.

i would pick gerrard, mackalale, essian, before any of the poeple mentioned above then when the defence and midfield is solid buy some flair players that wont reck the place.

scholes is a very nice player to have but he is getting a bit old and i think that man u have done well with hargreeves as he is defensive and has a very

Back