Sky Sports HD channels - ? end of C/S for Virgin

think I will sell up (almost new duo2, 3 months old) any one interested

I wouldnt start panicing to soon. It could take a while to replace everybody with a tivo or v6 box.

There first attempt to disrupt enigma 2 boxes has already left them with complaints from there official customers about narration.

Even if HD channels do vanish it will just be like the Sky SD days.

I dont mind if we get just all the sd cannels on vermin but i recon they will kill them aswell just like sly did about a year ago. I feel for the people who got cable when sly died. Not 12 months gone and cable already on d way out. Hope something or a fix comes in for the engima 2 boxes as i think they are wicked. I got solo 2 which ive had for a few years now.

bring back council telly lol
kinda glad all going bonkers as feeding the elite epl is pants pmsl

Is this effecting anybodies sly hd sports channels on iptv. My sly sports hd and fhd channels on iptv with the vermin logo all work fine.

Is this effecting anybodies sly hd sports channels on iptv. My sly sports hd and fhd channels on iptv with the vermin logo all work fine.
He’s probably using an official virgin box then.

Reactions: ACK
The sly sport channels on my IPTV sub have this watermark. Will have to see what happens in the coming weeks but seem to be working at the moment...
Screen cap will be used.
There not all running of vermin cards.
Sure you get sly atlantic HD and vermin do not have the rights to broadcast that channel.

I have 3 sly sports of each channel.
But i can see that dropping to one or two if or vermin goes.
Most with enigma2 cable boxes can just run an iptv script so box is not useless.

I currently believe that what is happening with audio description is not currently related to what OP mentioned.

I've therefore split some posts from this thread to the thread already started regarding Audio NAR/description - see here.

Please keep this thread to the discussion about possible end of Virgin C/S and the thread I've linked to above to regarding the audio NAR issue.

From the small print on the Virgin website linked to on OP, Sky Sports HD channels will move over to the newer boxes not requiring the use of a card thus those C/S will have no Sky Sports HD (like ITV Box Office now).

I would expect Virgin will follow something similar to Sky and overtime do the same with other main HD channels and SD as well.

Virgin won't achieve much if they plan on stopping after Sports HD.

What I want to know is, these customers with the older cs boxes, their been offered a free upgrade but will they be asked to cough up the extra monthly charge for a newer box just so you can record 500 channels at once onto a 40000000TB hard drive ?

Some HD sports channels losing sound here in Scotland - Eurosport 1HD today !:(
Ah well! CS has been good while it lasted. Time to move on maybe to IPTV.
Any member got a MAG 256 ? Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Some HD sports channels losing sound here in Scotland - Eurosport 1HD today !:(
Ah well! CS has been good while it lasted. Time to move on maybe to IPTV.
Any member got a MAG 256 ? Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Losing sound on HD is a different issue

Back