sky robbing barstewards

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been trying to record life of pi 3D for months now and the recordings always fail after 4-8 mins I had assumed it was a fault some where but after last nights failure I have just checked on the sky site and life of pi 3D is pay per view so not only do the robbing barstewards charge extra for very limited 3D content they then have the nerve to charge per movie

no such thing as free sky....unless you mean that whats up in air

Last edited by a moderator:
Vu duo is a great box, however it seems card sharing, which is what your looking for, is coming to an end. But at least you'l be able to record all fta channels and install plugins to download movies/tv

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There changing things in hopes to end it as far as I'm aware. Cards not paired to thompson boxes don't work afaik and now new cards and boxes are bein issued o new customers and cards to old customers and the new cards atm are not able to be shared. It all depends on if groups can get t going again with new cards

I've just got a new install although been with them years movies and full hd entertainment pack £23.00 per month thats with new hd box and wifi dongle. The new box even came with wifi built in. I have taken photos of an old card and the new card just for reference so if anyone knows what the difference is it will be interesting. The chips do look different.

I've just got a new install although been with them years movies and full hd entertainment pack £23.00 per month thats with new hd box and wifi dongle. The new box even came with wifi built in. I have taken photos of an old card and the new card just for reference so if anyone knows what the difference is it will be interesting. The chips do look different.

This is how they pull you in though, then you get complacent and leave it as they whack the price right up. I have a mate paying almost £150 to them, it's ridiculous when you think that their content is crap (and constantly repeats), that and the scale that one person can pay to another. Why not just offer fair prices to everyone. I don't watch TV that much either as I stream a lot of content but they seriously need to get a grip.

If I got that deal for 23 a month id take it. Currently paying 21.50. I have no problem cancelling when sub runs out so depending on deal depends on if I'll renee

I have four Linux box's at my house and know exactly what and how to do with them. The other half and son prefer to use the sky box to linux box so that's why I went with sky. I also have there sky fibre getting 35mb down and 10 up this is linked into a tm-twin Linux box with TS media installed for down loading movies direct to the box

I can see the popularity of iptv increasing and prices lowering as well.

Last edited:
I have been trying to record life of pi 3D for months now and the recordings always fail after 4-8 mins I had assumed it was a fault some where but after last nights failure I have just checked on the sky site and life of pi 3D is pay per view so not only do the robbing barstewards charge extra for very limited 3D content they then have the nerve to charge per movie

one of many reasons why we don't have sky, we have free-view in our house and if i want to watch a film, i go to the usual places to get them

the c**ts at sky will charge you for a bit shit on the end of a stick if they could get away with it

most stuff on cable and sky are repeats, why pay a subscription for repeats and a shed load of adverts

Have you ever noticed that when you turn your TV on, 9 times out of 10 its showing an ad, more ads than there is actual Programmes

so it goes to show what your paying for.

I have taken photos of an old card and the new card just for reference so if anyone knows what the difference is it will be interesting. The chips do look different.

Sky change the chips on their cards all the time and you will also notice a letter change next to the chip,however the caid(0963) and rom revision remain the same,well until a card transition that is !

then $ky are wondering about different way folks have of recieving it, they have increased their charge over here by a euro per week, not nuch until one adds it all up its 52 per year, lots of things folk could be doing if the had 52 lids to play with rather giving it to$ly.

Back