Sky Revenue up 16%

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
and they said cs would effect Sky's revenue
Media giant Sky says it gained more than 200,000 new customers in the UK and Ireland in the second half of 2014.

The addition of 204,000 customers was its highest growth in subscribers in nine years, it said.

These were Sky's first results since BSkyB, Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia combined in November last year.

The company reported a 16% rise in adjusted operating profits to £675m, which was better than analysts had expected.

We will see how that do after the results of the epl auction is revealed for the next lot of 3 year coverage.
Sky will be head-to-head with its new rival, BT Sport. But with talk that new bidders Discovery (owner of Eurosport) and beIN (the former Al Jazeera sport) entering the auction whose deadline is Friday, there has been speculation that the costs could soar from £3 billion to more than £4 billion.

Was a lot of them people who cant live without HD since they secured it?

surprised thats all with their over inflated prices

the bidding war will be interesting see who wins what

not just sat provider in mix

epl considering live online all games no dish required

interesting times ahead

interesting times ahead

indeed, also the football league are connecting all stadiums with fibre so they can show games should they wish. with epl, their will be regional blackouts so if you live in or around manchester then you cant watch city and united. the epl have basically given up on trying to shut down all these streams as a recent poll showed over 90% have watched via an illegal stream. they are fighting a losing battle so they may aswell cash in on it.wise move

interesting times ahead
double post

robbing twats increasing prices in june this year 3 months earlier than normal rumoured to be about 10% increase

getting beyond a joke

someone has to pay for that extra 10 games and inflated EPL price they paid, i would expect BT to do something similar after May seeing as they have exclusive rights to all champions league games for 3 years next season

BT next for sure
secured a new deal for showing premiership rugby on top of their football deal

indeed, also the football league are connecting all stadiums with fibre so they can show games should they wish. with epl, their will be regional blackouts so if you live in or around manchester then you cant watch city and united. the epl have basically given up on trying to shut down all these streams as a recent poll showed over 90% have watched via an illegal stream. they are fighting a losing battle so they may aswell cash in on it.wise move

similar thing works in the U.S.A games are shown on fta(nbc/cbs/abc/fox/local affiliats), espn and prime ticket type channels. havent got a problem with pay tv but imho each of the 20 epl teams should be shown 1 home/1 away game on bbc with blackout on dtt in the region of the 2 teams. never happen though due to greedy fa,clubs,players,agents,broadcasters ect. regards mdt

Scudamore insisted that Sky will keep their prices down because he says their ongoing scrap with BT will ensure subscription prices do not go up.

Scudamore said: “I’m not worried (by subscription prices). The television companies are in a competitive world. Where do you buy your channels, broadband, the bundles. I don’t believe Sky will be able to take that increase and pass it on.”

The Premier League’s bottom club will get £99m, which is more than the current share for the champions, while the top prize money will rise to £156m.

Scudamore also claimed it will strengthen English football from top to bottom with the game now awash with money.

Last edited:
Living in southern Spain where we have lost the UK spot beam, many people have taken out a Sky subscription to be able to watch more channels, plus being able to catch up with Sky's On Demand service meaning no loss of Corrie etc. I am currently supplying and fitting UK VPN Routers for this service and have seen a marked rise in enquiries/installations of late.

I think that in the near future more and more people here will have to subscribe to Sky to continue to watch their favourite programmes, so can only see more revenue for Sky.

so your brother is better than us

dream on for your downloads

just got my new price increase from the legalised robbers

£76.30 per month for full sky sub only no broadband etc

first payment due in mid may

so 4 months early with increase robbing even more

just got my new price increase from the legalised robbers

£76.30 per month for full sky sub only no broadband etc

first payment due in mid may

so 4 months early with increase robbing even more

why not put in notce to cancel. they ring after 1 week with 25% off. say no. week 2 50% off. say no. week 3 75% off say yes as thats as low as they go. i pay £25 per month for the lot in hd.

Just my personal View but even £25 is too much for the repeated advert bloated crap they show, Sports is about the only product worth having everything else they have can be seen for free with other methods and months in advance

Just my personal View but even £25 is too much for the repeated advert bloated crap they show, Sports is about the only product worth having everything else they have can be seen for free with other methods and months in advance

agreed. i only wanted sports really but i do also like the box which works properly and is reliable unlike my technomate which had way too many problems so i dont mind paying 25 per month where as alimac is paying a fortune for same.

times to think ahead deffo

i only have it for the hobby & even its died dont even watch much of it to be honest

but deffo way too expensive for the crap they offer

Back