Sky install - Phone/RJ11 leads - Modem Placement Issue

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
The way they installed it, the modem would have to be placed in the hallway no way near a power point, so I want to rig it so it's placed in the livingroom next to the Sky box, without laying and new wires.

What are these little white box things they use to feed the end of the phone cable into instead of just crimping it into an RJ11 plug? They seem well lazy and just add another widget lingering around messing up the aesthetics of your home!?!?!

There is one at the input into the SkyHD box, there are 2 inputs on it and I was thinking I could maybe use the other one to input my ADSL modem into, but I would have to cut the RJ11 plug off the end and feed it into this widget thing.

Also wondering if this widget has any micro filtering in it?

I'm guessing it doesn't so am thinking of getting this 1-to-2 rj11 ADSL splitter, which I think is also micro filtered.

So the Sky Box and the ADSL will run into the RJ11 splitter from ebay, then that 1 line will run into the hallway into phone socket along with the telephone.

Does this sound feasible? Not got the router yet and never used ADSL modems before so just trying to sort it all out in my head beforehand.

Back