sky go on a samsung smart telly

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have sky go, have you used it on a smart telly? i dont have an app for it in my tv but i have a browser and wondering if its possible to watch throught that browser.

stef

pretty sure you can mate

worse case hook lappy to tv via hdmi will work that way

its to try and save me the hassle of connecting lappy to it though. hence why i was asking if anyone has done it. ive tried the browser for vip sports and it doesnt work too well.

Get yourself a G-Box loaded it with xbmc & download sly android app, perfect media center....

Get yourself a G-Box loaded it with xbmc & download sly android app, perfect media center....

im trying my best to minimise the amount of remotes i can lose when im pished! i would rather use it through my sammy if at all possible or my ps3. im really not fussed. as for an android box ive not seen one working yet. i need some one to come to my house to show me how its done as im a dumb f**k when it comes to new gizmos. im still trying to get up to date with the tsmedia on my dm800se! iptv seems to haved slipped passed me at an alarming rate, the older i get the longer it seems i take to catch up! i have an acquaintance that is willing to give me his sly go details for a small fee. hence why im asking if i need to buy more equipment.
stef

The TV is unlikely to work, as the browser version of Sky Go uses MicroSoft Silverlight.

You could always get a Chromecast, UK launch as early as 1st March is rumoured, but this doesn't eliminate the need for the laptop at this time. Whilst Sky might release an app for Chromecast at some point, you can only have a certain number of devices active on/registered to your Sky Go account to discourage sharing with friends and family. So if your mate is using the alloted number, browser casting will be your only option.

The PS3 is your best bet at this time if you don't want more equipment. But, again, you'll have to check with your mate how many devices he's already got registered.

The TV is unlikely to work, as the browser version of Sky Go uses MicroSoft Silverlight.

You could always get a Chromecast, UK launch as early as 1st March is rumoured, but this doesn't eliminate the need for the laptop at this time. Whilst Sky might release an app for Chromecast at some point, you can only have a certain number of devices active on/registered to your Sky Go account to discourage sharing with friends and family. So if your mate is using the alloted number, browser casting will be your only option.

The PS3 is your best bet at this time if you don't want more equipment. But, again, you'll have to check with your mate how many devices he's already got registered.

is there an app or do i go through the browser? when i say a friend, im paraphrasing.... lol ;0)

smart tv

smart but not smart enough eh

is there an app or do i go through the browser? when i say a friend, im paraphrasing.... lol ;0)

For which device?

The TV? No. None of the smart TVs have a Sky Go app. Plus Silverlight is only available for Windows and OS X.

Chromecast? You can cast from a tab on Google Chrome via wifi. However, as it hasn't yet launched in the UK, there is no Sky Go app (at present).

The PS3? There is a Sky Go app on the store. Again using the browser won't work because of the Silverlight reliance.

Have a read of this as to why the app solution might not work if it's being shared by more than you and your "friend":
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

did read a review on the chromecast

seemed to struggle with streaming high quality video

worked better on minimum quality

but early days

did read a review on the chromecast

seemed to struggle with streaming high quality video

worked better on minimum quality

but early days

Interesting, it looks like casting can be quite resource intensive on the device sending the data to the Chromecast dongle.

I'm hoping to get one to play with regardless.

Back