Sky channels Gone

yep u r rite timbo , i knew it was one or the other and just got the wrong one lol

I think virgin media has made a mistake and sky is going to capatilise in new customers now. From what i read it was only going to cost the equivalent of 3p per customer to keep these channels.

look at peoples opinion here

http://boards.virginmedia.com/shout/haveyoursay/fairplay.html

From the few pages i have read, alot of people will be moving to sky mind you theres a few that are sticking with virgin media, saying that sky are just greedy people.

i heard that people with a 12 month contact still in hand are trying to get out of it because of a rule in the agreement about a loss of services/channels, but the reply by VM was that these channels wont be missed as relacement on demand screens will be shown. I think you have a right to cancel now as you payed for the channels that where advertised at the time of purchase.

Last edited:
well the gone and i supose some people will miss simpsons ahahhahhhahahhhahah skyone what a total waste of airtime all the ch sky one show can be viewed for free on here http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

i just wish sky could be hacked cos they would lose a fortune then.

Rupert murdock is a greedy W****r thats why we have lost the channels , sky users NDS has there encryption cable uses Nagra .

hope sLY gets hit in the pocket with the loss of viewing figs and advertising but may be ofset people switching

sly are w@nkers

:ASSFLASH:

My 2 penneth is this. I have always respected Branson for his achievements in the past but this whole episode has become just a childish game by the pair of them. For Virgin to put 'sky snooze' etc. on the banner is pathetic and if Branson himself is responsible which he almost certainly is then he has gone so far down in my estimation. I could be wrong but personally I believe subs will leave cable tv in their droves. I have it but I dont subscribe to cable as officially it isn't available where I live, however I do subscribe to S$y and thank f**k cos' life without Sky Sports News would not be worth living!!!! :salute:

Branson was going in for ITV last year when Sky started craping themselves (as NTL/TELEWEST/ITV would be big enough to actually push Sky off their dominant position) so Sky got in there and bought 17.5% of ITV's shares to basically block Virgin.

This is nothing more than protectionism from Sky who are acting against fair competition.

People are saying that it is only 3p per customer per day but this ends up at 90p per month basically just for Sky One. When you take into consideration the current basic cable tv package (which includes Sky One)and the amount of staff and overheads that need covered by Virgin (not to mention how many people are ripping Virgin off) then this is a serious cost for them.

Furthermore had Richard Branson not taken over NTL they would have still been at serious risk of going bust and then Sky would never have doubled their prices for this package.

doesnt make any difference... we call other better channels to watch so I dont get why people are so upset about it..

dont think its Branson's fault.. Relaunch of NTL to Virgin was a set back for sky in terms of competition.. so sky created all this to fool the cable customers that its CC's fault which its not..

about branson sky snooze advert... its all part of the game.. remember how it started ??? sky advertising that using modified box is a crime and bla bla bla.. what about that.. was that not like pointing finger on CC's that they are not doing anything about it..

phew !!! need a drink now.. lol.. Im outtie

Has anyone noticed that on nearly all channels other than the " GOD" channel sky are bombarding all the adds with all the new and up and comming new series starting "ONLY ON SKY ONE"

I know.. I have noticed.. and then say to join sky vist the website or call the number.. it so easy to join sky.. lol...

We should all be loyal to the CC as because it we have great tv !

Has anyone noticed that on nearly all channels other than the " GOD" channel sky are bombarding all the adds with all the new and up and comming new series starting "ONLY ON SKY ONE"

new series starting "ONLY ON SKY ONE?? whats it called??

why are people putting the blame on branson? hasnt virgin only bought 13% of the cc? wasnt the name change of the company suppose to be an improvement for there reputation as ntl never had a great rep?

Fair play to them if this is true:

The company emphasised that "the withdrawal of Sky's basic channels does not breach our agreement with customers" but said that it will allow customers to cancel their contracts "at any time up to the end of March."

Back