Sky channels Gone

The problem being you have two mega rich arseholes who are basically pissing each other off - Virgin customers' are the ones who are suffering.

Its all very well for people to say "I dont watch Sky One anyway" or just download the programs - thats completely missing the point, its about time Sky and the new nasty empire, Virgin Media were brought to book by the Government - we will now have two multi-nationals deciding what we can watch and for how much - You remove competition and this is what you are left with - their choice.

Terrestrial channels just cannot compete with big bucks Sky and Virgin so the ball is in their court completely.

Branson and Murdoch could never spend their wealth in 10 lifetimes, they dont give a monkeys if you switch services or curl up in a corner and die - this is a personal matter between these two clowns and has nothing to do with the rising cost of channels.

branson the tight bastrd... 4me sky1+2, sky news and sky movies 1+2+3+4 have gone lol. No problem with sky sports and the rest movies.

You remove competition and this is what you are left with

this has all happened as Sly have never had any competition before, and now they have it can only be a good thing for customers in the long run

Sly has either bought out, or massivly outbid EVERY rival it has ever had, now it has some competition who also has an unlimited budget. in 12 months time cable will be the number one platform for choice in the UK

Hi All,

Maybe Virgin will have a new channel soon enough called Virgin One showing the next series of Lost, 24 or what ever!!!!

Let the bidding wars begin.....LOL

Freeview customers set to lose channels too

Virgin Media customers are not the only people to feel the brunt of Sky's bullying tactics. Freeview customers are affected, too. Sky announced that it will be removing its channels from the Freeview service before the summer.

:D have you read the message virgin left on the sky channels :D..

Just read on Sly News website that Virgin turned down an offer from Sly to continue showing the channels for the equivalent of 3 pence per day per customer......Virgin turned down this offer. My opinion I feel that this is more than a bit of squabbling between two power hungry egg heads, it is more to do with big corperations that advertise on these channels. There is a very lucrative market for channels such as Sly One and Sly News and both Virgin and Sly want it all, Virgin dont care that they have lost these channels and soon will offer there own service on which they can sell adverting air time to large companies. We the consumer do not even fit into the plan....

Bring back Sly Channels and stop trying to rip off the consumer all the time..

Hi All,

Maybe Virgin will have a new channel soon enough called Virgin One showing the next series of Lost, 24 or what ever!!!!

i would guess thats the plan for virgin, that will piss off sly, but what will sly pull next ? sly sports maybe? who knows where this will go.

competition is usually a good thing so hopefully the consumer will gain in the long run, but they could go into massive bidding battles for certain programs or sports meaning the extra cost will pass on to us. Also the premium programs or sports or films could be split between them so you would need to subscribe to both to see everything you wanted which cant be a good thing.

We will have to wait and see.

Oh, and i thought nthell bought the rights to virgin media so i dont see how branson comes into this ?

Hi All,

does virgin media have enuff money to challenge sky on exclusive tv rights???......a lot of these popular programs started elsewhere.......when it showed signs of popularity, sky comes in and snaps up the rights.......it will be intresting to see what will happen....but the competition should be should be a good step forward for the consumer!

hi all

was any of you actually watching sky one at the time it went off?

did hollmark channel take over?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggCEMrayMw&NR[/ame]

does virgin media have enuff money to challenge sky on exclusive tv rights???......a lot of these popular programs started elsewhere.......when it showed signs of popularity, sky comes in and snaps up the rights.......it will be intresting to see what will happen....but the competition should be should be a good step forward for the consumer!

Does Mr Sly not also own Fox??? The company responsible for 24 If this is the case I can not see him selling TV rights for that programe to Mr Virgin....

both are a bunch of sh*theads, what if nthell start putting more and more popular channels on there on-demand service, then were all in trouble

Back