sky branded netgear router

jackdee

Member ++
Reaction score
hi, used to have sky broadband, using an adsl netgear wireless router. but now i am with talk talk, tried using the sky branded router but it would not let me alter the information to connect to talktalk. is there any way of doing this? i have tried to reset the router but no luck and have tried to overwrite the firmware, no luck. all suggestions welcome. the router is a netgear DG834 GT. thanks

hi, used to have sky broadband, using an adsl netgear wireless router. but now i am with talk talk, tried using the sky branded router but it would not let me alter the information to connect to talktalk. is there any way of doing this? i have tried to reset the router but no luck and have tried to overwrite the firmware, no luck. all suggestions welcome. the router is a netgear DG834 GT. thanks

I don't think this is possible. The information is hardcoded onto the router

There are 2 unofficial firmwares for this router that you should investigate!

DGTeam Firmware:

h**p://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/technical-discussion/18411-dg834gt-pn-n-unofficial-firmware-dgteam.html

UberGT:

h**p://dragonslight.altervista.org/ubergt/

Sorry I don't have this router so I can't tell you anymore about them, I just came across them as I have a G model but these firmwares are not an option for me!

a big thanks for the info. seems to have done the trick.

Back