Skip Hire

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Seems like springs around the corner, so i have got a lot of tidying up to do like clear the garage and garden out, so i wondering how much should i expect to pay to hire a small skip out? anybody know cheers

Depends how big m8, for an average sized one look at around £60-£90.

Don't forget if you can't put it on your drive and have to put it in the road you also have to pay for a permit.

Last edited:
yeh i got a drive so that shouldn't be a problem, wow £80 - 90 i was expecting like £150 for a small skip lol

Just had a look and you can get them cheaper too, like I said depends how big you need.

yeh i phoned about around leeds area its about 75 for a medium skip so its not bad at all neways cheers earwig for ya reply

your lucky i hire skips the average is a 8yard which is 200 then another 25 for a road permit and a little baby one is 95 plus 25 again up here in aberdeen

What about in the DIY shops? I have seen Hippo bags, are they any cheaper?:Clap:

also try local council they told me at dump that council does skips cheaper but have never tried

may not happen in your area but I suggest you pile up your rubbish first ready to be loaded before ordering the skip coz some people will dump theirs in yours!

also may save you money if you can just take it to local sump site and if its too big, get council to pick it up (its what you pay your council tax for)

may not happen in your area but I suggest you pile up your rubbish first ready to be loaded before ordering the skip coz some people will dump theirs in yours!quote]

Yep...It's amazing how many have old mattresses just waiting to be thrown into your skip.

I don't mind people asking if they can use the skip, I usualy let them...just as long as I've finished dumping my crud first.

may not happen in your area but I suggest you pile up your rubbish first ready to be loaded before ordering the skip coz some people will dump theirs in yours!

also may save you money if you can just take it to local sump site and if its too big, get council to pick it up (its what you pay your council tax for)

I tried to get an old couch collected, it was going to take 5 weeks from the council, for free, but 5 weeks.

A road permit ???? I have a large skip siting out on the main road as we speak and I have never even heard of a Permit ? what do I need a permit for ?

A road permit ???? I have a large skip siting out on the main road as we speak and I have never even heard of a Permit ? what do I need a permit for ?

Taken from a website http://www.valueskiphire.co.uk/regulations/skip-permit.asp

If you are hiring a skip for your home or business and need to place it on the road you will need a skip permit from your local council. The requirements are laid out in the Highways Act 1980: section 139 road traffic regulations act, 1984.

Cheers

Pitty you wernt in my area mate (north east) my mate owns a skip business always the case that though aint it :-( am sure he does mini,midi and maxi somic like that.

And talking about local dumps mines a pi$$ take well the council is anyways when we moved into are house just over a year ago there was a load of rubbish left in the garden from the people before us so as you do i phoned the council and asked for it to be collected got the answer sorry there has been 2 or 3 collections allready this year at that address so if you want us to collect it you'll have you pay us.Explained that it wasnt my rubbish still got sorry it goes of address not tennant .So a few weeks went past and abit more rubbish got added from decerating etc ... then a few days later got a knock on the door f88king environmental health bloke saying if you dont get it shifted he's gonna fine me 50 quid a bag.was going to tell him were to go but the fooker was built like a brick sh!t house so just agreed pmsl.So the story continues thought ok ill take it to the local tip so got lend of a van loaded it all up was well proud of myself haha took it to the tip to get told sorry you cannot come in with a van no more without a permit these take around 2 weeks to get from the council well as you imagine by now im rather p!ssed like anyways to cut along story short took it home got a skip lol.

They probably include it in the price mate, normally about £20.

Seems like springs around the corner, so i have got a lot of tidying up to do like clear the garage and garden out, so i wondering how much should i expect to pay to hire a small skip out? anybody know cheers

Get a mini skip for £50

I am in NI, we don't need one !! .... well there has to be some benefits ! lol:proud:

eye FUBAR69 you would burn it save the skip hire cost lol there you go m8 there's another bright idea from FUBAR69 :Clap:

Back