skin editor dm500

mickbrush

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help me im trying to find a skin editor to make a few adjustments to a dm 500 skin. Its been a long time since I did this and cant remember what the editor was called.

I use something called darkstar tar on my 500 because of the size of memory ur limited. I'll post a pic when I get home . Half hour

Last edited:
i tried that darkstar mate, but it says package needs 1096kb and my /var only has 512, how do i get round that, only got cccam software on it and thats it, can i delete the stuff in the /tmp folder, or is that not advised!

looks a great skin though!

Last edited:
i think you misunderstood what im looking for im looking for somthing like e2skinner2 but to use on enigma1 skins.

It would also be helpful if someone could upload me a copy of the default skin from the latest open pli for dm500.

I would be able to do this for myself but kids watching tv.

i tried that darkstar mate, but it says package needs 1096kb and my /var only has 512, how do i get round that, only got cccam software on it and thats it, can i delete the stuff in the /tmp folder, or is that not advised!

looks a great skin though!

I put my cccam file in the read only squashfs part /bin and symlinked to it which gave me lots more room for junk.

I'm usimg the latest pli (non maxvar) if you want the squashfs I can pm you a link tomorrow after work, you flash it then delete the cccam file in /var/bin and make a symlink to the one in /bin gets rid of 750KB+ from /var.

Sorry but don't know anything about skins or editors for them.

interesting does that work on the max var image.

The reason im wanting a skin editor is so I can improve the epg view to use more of the screen by hideing/removing the channel info. At the moment the graph epg layout is very poor and could be easily improved if i could remember the name of the editor I have used before.

I have a VU+ Do but love playing with this little DM500 its a super little box.

I put my cccam file in the read only squashfs part /bin and symlinked to it which gave me lots more room for junk.

I'm usimg the latest pli (non maxvar) if you want the squashfs I can pm you a link tomorrow after work, you flash it then delete the cccam file in /var/bin and make a symlink to the one in /bin gets rid of 750KB+ from /var.

Sorry but don't know anything about skins or editors for them.
how do i go about doing that mate, got no idea and never heard of that squashfs or symlink, but sounds great as i also wanted to put rytek epg on but had no room!

but yeah mate you can pm me with the details, thanks!!!

Last edited:
the epg does not even show on my pli image, all i see is the channel name, no epg for whats on at that time until i actually click on that channel,which is no good at all because i cant see whats on!

you can get a couple of days to load into pli if you insall sqlite.

Managed to get a pretty decent full 3 day EPG up and running on my DM500s

Installed the XMLTV-EPGImport Rytec (latest) and the SQLite EPG import plugin (1.2) from the blue button in the Pli Jade image, you can set it to save the epg data to a network share and have to manually map each channel to the corresponding channel in your bouquets which is a pain in the arse but once its set up it works really well.

You can schedule recordings direct from the EPG by pressing the green button, just tested it and playback was flawless suprised me it actually worked that well to be honest !!!

Last edited:
Managed to get a pretty decent full 3 day EPG up and running on my DM500s

Installed the XMLTV-EPGImport Rytec (latest) and the SQLite EPG import plugin (1.2) from the blue button in the Pli Jade image, you can set it to save the epg data to a network share and have to manually map each channel to the corresponding channel in your bouquets which is a pain in the arse but once its set up it works really well.

You can schedule recordings direct from the EPG by pressing the green button, just tested it and playback was flawless suprised me it actually worked that well to be honest !!!

Was that recording the a network drive?

Yer mate to the network share, there was a bit of slight (I mean less than 1 second) pixilation when the recording first started but after that it was fine.

Yer mate to the network share, there was a bit of slight (I mean less than 1 second) pixilation when the recording first started but after that it was fine.

Cool, so in that case i could record to my Nas, fantastic. :)

Back