Size of dish for 39e?

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

I seem to have some problems with picking up this satellite clearly.

I have a motorised ( USALS ) 80cm steel dish with a Titantium 0.2db ( twin output ) LNB.

Living in East London, I thought that my dish would be adequate, but I seem to get poor results. Viewing Turksat 42e, the picture quality is good.

I have updated the transponder list for Hellasat 39e ( 28 transponders ? ) and run a Network scan as well, but the picture keeps breaking up.

I should have a clear line of sight as the dish is positioned on the side of a dormer extension.

Also, I as a btw, can someone let me know if I should be able to move my dish from each of the receivers independently of each other. I have only been able to do this from one receiver but not the other, even thought each receiver is connected independently.

There are four beams off Hellas Sat 39E. Two which you should get, two you won't.

F1 and F2 are the only 2 you can recieve in the uk and ireland with 80cm dish.

Think one needs to be off to be able to move dish.
Your dish is vertically misaligned by the sounds of it as the size of dish you have is more than sufficient for those sats.

how have you managed to connect 2 receivers to the motor using a twin lnb?one usually controls the motor and the other has to use the sat that the 1st box is on.the other way to connect with using a single lnb(or 1 output from the twin)is to use loop through from 1st box to 2nd then if 1st box is on standby you have full motor use on the 2nd but if 1st box is on you can only receive channels on the same tp on the 2nd box.

HI ALL
i live about 20miles noryh of london have 90cm dish and could not get the bulsat at 39e. i even tried peaking it with spectrum analyser, and no result.

20m north of london should be ok with a 90cm. I have got 36e with a 80cm 250m north of you on a patio stand in a car port. Maybe you dish needs lowering a little.

Chrome any receiver could move the motor if you used a splitter, but only one could move it any any time. Other than that one box to move the motor if its feeding the motor and the rest by pass. How are your box's linked the the dish. Ie. splitter, direct to lnb or using through put off the main box.

TM > Bulsatcom 39°E Hellas Sat Irdeto 2

Bulsatcom 39°E 11012 V 30000 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK
11012 V 30000 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK
Film Plus HD - Eurosport HD - City TV
Euro D - RTV International
Travel Channel UK - The MGM Channel E.E
Zone Reality Magyar - History Europe
National Geographic Channel HD Russia & Turkey
Hobby TV HD - Discovery HD Showcase - Planeta HD

Bulsatcom 39°E
12524 H 30000 7/8 DVB-S/MPEG-2
Planeta TV - BNT 1
HBO Romania & Bulgaria - TV7 Bul - bTV
TV Plus - Nova TV Bulgaria - Diema 2
Hobby TV - Discovery Channel Bulgaria - Diema

Bulsatcom 39°E
12565 H 30000 7/8 DVB-S/MPEG-2
Viasat Explorer/Playboy TV - Viasat History
Cartoon Network Russia & S.E.E / TCM Russia & S.E.E
Fashion TV/Free-X TV - Perviy kanal Europa
Nat Geo Wild Europe - Hustler TV - FNL
Folklor TV - MTV Europe - Fan TV - Boomerang
Balkanika Music TV - DM Sat - CNN Int Europe
Private Spice

Bulsatcom 39°E
12647 H 30000 7/8 DVB-S/MPEG-2
Hallmark Channel Bulgaria - Discovery Science
Discovery Travel & Living - Discovery World
VH 1 - BNT Sat - Ring.bg - Super 7 - Pop Core TV
Disney Channel Romania & Bulgaria - Film Plus
TV Evropa

Bulsatcom 39°E
12688 H30000 7/8 DVB-S/MPEG-2
Diema Family - TV 1000 Balkan - Animal Planet Europe
Cinemax C.E - National Geographic Channel Bulgaria
bTV Cinema - Eurosport - bTV Comedy
Eurosport 2 BundesLiga - HBO Comedy
Pro.bg - AXN Bul - AXN Sci-Fi
AXN Crime - Fox Life - Fox Crime

:cool:

Wow, thanks for the replies/ideas/suggestions.

Firstly, I personally did not install the setup myself but I have two independent cables running directly to each receiver ( no splitter ). Only one receiver can move the dish; as one reciever is off and not on standby that might be the answer ..... haven't checked.

I have tried other satellites, and can pick up channels when I scan including Hellassat 39e. I have approximately 48 channels, these include:

Diema
Hustler TV
Playboy TV
Cartoon Network
The Voice ( FTA - music video channel )

are some of the ones that come to mind.

However I forgot, that I have large trees with a lot of foilage currently in my line of sight ( only realised this last night lol - attached pic ).

As I said earlier I could recieve Turksat 42e ages ago, but I guess that must have been when the trees did not have so many leaves on them.

Anyway here are that figures from my receiver:

LNB Type: Universal
LNB 9.750/10.600
22khz Auto

71% Level
5% Signal

regarding only being able to move the dish from one reciever it sounds like it was setup to operate like this,receiver 1 has full motor control with one output from the lnb going through the motor the other output from the lnb goes straight to reciever 2 and must use the sat that rec 1 is on.

Back