single site to order parts for jtag for a soldering noob? :)

i bought a xbox from very and got the version 2.0.7363.0 dash which i believe is jtagable just need one of these things to check its flashable if someone starts making them i will buy one from them :) (prefer a usb version lol )

on a different note is this any use to jtag do ins link here as it says for 360 and has a usb slot but i have no clue about any of this lol (just gonna break a new 360 trying lol)

I got one from there too as it originally said it came with 256mb memory card (which it didnt)

Which Manf date did yours come with? September 09 mine was

2009/10/06 is the date on mine so im hoping its june and not october (just to be in with more of a chance) the 256 memory is now built in the xbox and not on a card i think you would need to find an old arcade with the pacman sticker on the box to get the memory unit m8 lol

2009/10/06 is the date on mine so im hoping its june and not october (just to be in with more of a chance) the 256 memory is now built in the xbox and not on a card i think you would need to find an old arcade with the pacman sticker on the box to get the memory unit m8 lol

Mine was September and it came today think yours might be October though. You opened it up yet or checked what Dash it has?

plugged it in and got 2.0.7363.0 so will buy a lead have just pulled a 3rod out of dustbin so will have a feck about and attack with the soldering iron see if i can solder onto the right bits lol if not will just pay someone to do it

I've done some reading and there is alot of 360s with dashboard 7363 but they have modified CB (no idea what this is) and they cant be JTAGed. some with Manf date in June have a modded CB did a gogle search a found alot of threads in 360 specific fourms

Not looking good

Can anyone shed some light as to why people believe any boxes Manf after June or which have the new dash can NEVER be JTAGed?

I know once PSP and WII had kernel unlocked most updates where eventually broken

Last edited:
i have read the same about june and am thinking that we have just got cheap xboxes not jtagable one but there doesnt seem to be any definite way of checking from outside the xbox so it has to be opened anyway and the soldering done to even tell if its possible i agree with you that eventually all boxes will be able to be done just might leave it in cupbord for a bit

Guys I thought for a bit that the new dash would be able to be "done", weather it would be via chip with dual nand or another exploit being found. But im afraid TBH I dont hink the latter will happen. Due to the fact that there has been 1 single exploit found in the history of the 360......disregarding the FW hacks.....obv not the same thing at all.
My 2nd theory of a dual nand set-up using a chip is also never going to happen as the exploit needs to be done on a hackable kernel, The hackable kernel had an exploit that was found but this was closed up with dashboard updates and the blowing of E-fuses. These E-fuses are actually inside the CPU (If my reading is correct) so there is no way to restore these fuses and a dual nand set-up would be useless due to the fact that these e-fuses are blown which renders the exploit useless/blocked.
So there wont be a dual nand set-up fix ever. But I dare say in the years to come there might be a 2nd vulnerable dash.........I only say that as you can never say never.....apart from the dual nand option....not going to happen that way.
The console i got was from HMV....an arcade version which was approx £110. When I went into the store I actually got hold of the lad and asked him to search out a pre march 2009 arcade model.....pretty easy for them to check as the manu date is visible through the box.
I do feel for you guys and hope that a "fix" is found.....but I wouldn't hold my breath TBH.
This is prob a better explanation due to the fact that these guys are more knowledgeable than me lol - If you have updated to dash 8XXX or above - what can you do - read HERE !

I wonder if there was more than one version of this 73 dashboard that was released.....with the latter having the exploit locked down fully. That way in theory could put the newest version to USB stick as you could a regular update.....see if it promps to ask for update....and if it does then it would mean that you'd be on the earlier 73 dash and would be exploitable (so long as you didnt press yes to the update lol).

Not heard any reply to if this would be even possible though after posting it earlier.....maybe the different revision of the update was never made available as a download on Live and was only ever done at manufacturing stage? If the latter...could it be possibly to have a custom made "updater" that could check for the newer version

D-Sub hood 25-way - Maplin £1.60 part #FP29G
DB25 25-way male plug - Maplin £1.50 part #YQ48C
resistors - M100R £0.17 *5 = £0.85
diodes - QL80B £0.24*3 =£0.72
patch cable - Code: A01AW - £5.99 - Rip Off
RJ45 coupler QL80B - £5.99
I was wrong Mozr accept my apologies. I suppose the fact I didnt have to buy the patch cable nor the coupler was what I had in my head when i though the stuff basically cost around £5 ish......But as we can see from above if you bought the lot from maplins you would be spending more like £16 - £17. So going through that ebay bloke does indeed save you £7. Good find mate, sorry for the confusion.

Yeah.

Even if you had a patch cable lying about, and bought a coupler much cheaper, the kit for £10 seems worth it.

If I were to make the same kit as the guy on ebay would anyone be interested ?

ok ive got all of the following together

~1M Wire
1 x LPT Plug DB25
1 x LPT plug cover and screws
5 x 100ohm resistors
3 x 1N4148 Switching Diode
heatshrink tubing

which from reading this, seems to be everything needed.

how does £6.50 sound, including paypal fees and delivery?

Last edited:
ok ive got all of the following together

~1M Wire
1 x LPT Plug DB25
5 x 100ohm resistors

which from reading this, seems to be everything needed.

how does £6.50 sound, including paypal fees and delivery?

are you also doing a price for the kit already preassembled?

Heres my Kit

I'm putting it on ebay at a tenner.
But for you forum folk I will take £8.50 P&P included.

1 x 1m RJ45 cat5e cable
1 x RJ45 Coupler
1 x LPT Plug DB25
5 x 100ohm resistors

SAM_0105.jpg

Ideal for stealth installs, here is mine i made today, rather than cutting a hole by the hdd i just poked the cable through the wire mesh and left the plastic off.
This was just before i soldered to the mobo.

SAM_0096.jpg

Last edited:
A new site has opened selling ONLY the parts needed for any Jtag mod.

www.360Jtagparts.co.uk

A little more expensive than other sites but they give you free delivery and seeing as maplins is £2.99 for delivery you could save a small amount of money.

Back