Sim2.10 or A8P

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm going to get another dm800se but one with a cable tuner so i can swap the tuners round on my sat one if needed and have a spare receiver, also before the prices start to rise. My sat one has sim a8p sim already so is it worth buying another one with the same sim or are these interchangeable as well between cable and sat in which case I would get the sim2.10?

I should add that I will probably be using openpli for the image anyway.

dont see the point getting sim 2.10 to be honest

far better with A8P

its going to use the same images as your sat tuner so a8p sim will be best

The triple tuner on its own is an option. Hopefully someone can confirm if it works fine on latest images.

You could also buy a receiver that does both sat and cable.

The triple tuner on its own is an option. Hopefully someone can confirm if it works fine on latest images.

You could also buy a receiver that does both sat and cable.

I seen the triple tuner ye but I wasn't sure if it would be compatible with the dm800se as it says for Sunray

Which receivers do both Abu?

Last edited:
The Only Sunray images i have seen for the Triple tuner are for the Sim 2.10 only on a DM800se not sure if this would work on an A8P sim

The Only Sunray images i have seen for the Triple tuner are for the Sim 2.10 only on a DM800se not sure if this would work on an A8P sim

Digi too late now anyway i ordered the cable version with a8p, i wasnt too fussed about having both tuners in one receiver tbh

The triple tuner works on OE2.0 image but you can not use the trial tuner driver as it is not compatible and has a qam 256 issue with oe2.0

I would advice a standalone cable tuner as that will give you at least the cable tune option the triple tuner wont and you'll need advanced set-up to get it scanning on oe2.0

If your going to run oe1.6 images then the triple tuner will be fine with the 1.03 trial tuner driver.

As for sim for me A8P

Back