Sim card a8p for dm800se

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i have sim 210 at the moment in my dm800se clone and thinking of getting a SIM CARD A8P FOR DM800SE (only thinking about it)for my box
does anyone know if its wise for me to do so(swap sims)..does it have any massive advantages?
any downsides?
cheers

Hiya mate I've got a A8P sim in my box , the good advantage you can use genuine software and as you said in other posts about a clean image you can use the openpi image of there site and then do what you like !! The only thing is as that sim classes your box as a genuine dreambox and not a clone you have too use the genuine ssl 84 bootloader which luckily is in the downloads !! :))

Put your SE into browser flashing mode with you current clone sim in place.
Now flash the original image of your choice OE1.6 or OE2.0
When flashing is complete dont reboot ! Just kill the power and then install your new A8P sim and power on

Put your SE into browser flashing mode with you current clone sim in place.
Now flash the original image of your choice OE1.6 or OE2.0
When flashing is complete dont reboot ! Just kill the power and then install your new A8P sim and power on

is this only the first time while swapping over the sims..
what happens say you want to load orignal open pli image at a later stage.. do you simply flash the image via browswer or do you still have to mess about with loaders etc

yes you only need to do it one time when swopping the sim

yes you only need to do it one time when swopping the sim
Thanks for replying mate..

I might consider getting one in that case. I prefere the clean pli images from there site and adding any extra as i go along. This worked great on dm500s clone but cannot do this on dm800se clone 2.10

Hi mate, did you ever get your sim? I'm really wanting to buy the A8p card for a dm800hd se, but can't find a UK suppler, can you or anybody Please PM me with details of where I can get one, the one's I have found are all abroad. Thanks..
Thanks for replying mate..

I might consider getting one in that case. I prefere the clean pli images from there site and adding any extra as i go along. This worked great on dm500s clone but cannot do this on dm800se clone 2.10

Hi mate, did you ever get your sim? I'm really wanting to buy the A8p card for a dm800hd se, but can't find a UK suppler, can you or anybody Please PM me with details of where I can get one, the one's I have found are all abroad. Thanks..

You can now run some modified OE 2.0/OpenPli 3.0/4.0 images on a sim2 machine,so no need for A8P in that case

Thanks for the info, i'll look into it a little more then, I just like the idea of flashing original stuff instead of all the patched stuff.
cheers.

Will do, thanks again for help. I did try some openpli images, but plugins wouldn't download. Anyway, I'll give this a go....cheers (I'd still like to get A8p card though, so need to find out where to get one.).

The download issue of the Original Openpli images is now ok mate.

Oh,.right, then i'll have a go now, I do like openpli images, but plugin download wasn't working on any that I tried. Gonna give it a go now. thanks again for help mate....
The download issue of the Original Openpli images is now ok mate.

thinking of doing the same but not sure where to get the a8p from. Anyone know anyone reliable? can you pm?

Thanks

Evening Guys

Been following this post.
My box is the clone DM800Hdse, but has an Estar sim card. (which i wanted to replace) to be able to use Open PLi Images

I have just purchased the A8p original Sim, and followed the procedure on swapping over.

1. I downloaded OPen pli 3.0 for Estar
2. Flashed using the browser method
3. powered off without rebooting.
4. swapped over the sim for the new A8p
5. Rebooted, but got the msg "No ca found"

I believed this to be the correct procedure, but cant progress by this

Can anybody assist further.

Cheers

TonyD

Just a thought, maybe it's the Estar image that's causing the ca error, I don't know for sure, but it might be worth a try to do what I did on my clone when changing from sim2 to A8p. you could try downloading openPLi again, not the Estar version, but go to the site, and download an original image from there, install it, don't reboot, then load original ssl84 bootloader to the box, then without rebooting, put the A8p sim in, then reboot. As I say, I don't know for certain if this will help in your situation, and certainly can't guarantee it'll work, but it did for me. I hope I'm not giving you wrong info. All I know is, I can now load original images and drivers etc, which is great. I have ended up going onto original newnigma2 image, I couldn't get mytube to work on openpli, unless I'm doing something wrong..

You have done it wrongly I am afraid.

You should have flashed "target" bootloader and image without rebooting. (As your target is A8P, then you have to use Genuine image and bootloader, not Estar)
switch off
swap sim
restart

Had a few boxes that ive put A8P sims in

What you do is leave the Estar sim in.
Flash a Original image.
Power down.
Take out the estar sim and replace with A8p then boot.

You have a Mini Flashup button on the rear of a estar sim so press and hold that down and power on till the display shows your in recovery http mode.

Now flash the correct image for the sim you have ib now.

Back