Signal strengh

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting some glitching on HD channels not all but I noticed my signal strength was down to about 71% at its lowest is this to low, or is the trouble somewhere else, I'm thinking dish alignment is what's needed what you chaps think.

What channels m8?
That way we can compare and advise further :)

Hi

I'm getting some glitching on HD channels not all but I noticed my signal strength was down to about 71% at its lowest is this to low, or is the trouble somewhere else, I'm thinking dish alignment is what's needed what you chaps think.

Strange you mention this i have had the same since last night.. same signal strengh as well

I have it on all HD channels mainly history,sky sports 1 HD

Been getting this on superhero HD, discovery, and turbo channels mainly but there are a few others as well.

90s % most channels sd & hd , North Manchester.

Is the signal strength erratic mate ? Clone ?

Its different on each channel but I'm sure it was in the 90% when i got my box last year, i will get them out as tree behind me has grown again after it was trimmed, think dish will need moving to get a clear view. :)

Update

Noticed Tonight

Channel 5 HD 78% glitching
Channel 5 SD 100% clear

does my dish just want tweaking a little.

Update

Noticed Tonight

Channel 5 HD 78% glitching
Channel 5 SD 100% clear

does my dish just want tweaking a little.

Could be the Sealion mate c5 sd is fta c5hd clears through the line 78% should be freeze free tbh @Napster

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a bit low on Channel5 HD m8
I get it here at 95%

I have a sat company coming tomorrow to re site dish as tree behind getting bigger, I think its a bit of both signal and magic line provider :)

with the dm800se ive noticed it locks channels about at 30%,
is it a mini dish? or motorised dish?

Hi

update for you had sat dish tweaked yesterday, the 2 horizontals was 100% and 2 verticals were low 80% and 59%, a little low so a tweak got the extra 12% which has improved the problem a lot, but he did say I could try the next size dish up 60cm as mine is only a 45cm, as my dish is on the chimney he said I couldn't go to the 1 meter dish, would I see a big difference in going to the 45cm dish, or just throwing my money away.

he quoted me £40 to put up dish.

Last edited:
Back