Signal splitting

4dbennett

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have two humax freeview digi boxes to set up in different rooms, my query is can i split the signal from one ariel to two boxes with a conventional coax splitter, I know its possible with analogue but does the same apply with digital ??

regards dave

Hi guys, i have two humax freeview digi boxes to set up in different rooms, my query is can i split the signal from one ariel to two boxes with a conventional coax splitter, I know its possible with analogue but does the same apply with digital ??

regards dave

Hi Dave, I am by no means an expert but I think yes, you can.

You are obviously going to lose quality on your siganl though so unless it is excellent you may also need to amplify the signal as well as split it.

Messa

Hi Dave, I am by no means an expert but I think yes, you can.

You are obviously going to lose quality on your siganl though so unless it is excellent you may also need to amplify the signal as well as split it.

Messa

Thanks Messa, i thought so but i think that freeview receivers make the ariel "live" an electric current(13V) is passed to the ariel

regards Dave

Thanks Messa, i thought so but i think that freeview receivers make the ariel "live" an electric current(13V) is passed to the ariel

regards Dave

ive never heard of this and i have split many aireal feeds and put many rigs up.

ive never heard of this and i have split many aireal feeds and put many rigs up.

I respect your greater experience Rawsy, on Sanyo dtv,s you are given the option of active/non active ariel what is this ?? and why are you instructed to ensure tv is switched off before making ariel connections.

regards Dave

I respect your greater experience Rawsy, on Sanyo dtv,s you are given the option of active/non active ariel what is this ?? and why are you instructed to ensure tv is switched off before making ariel connections.

regards Dave

i didnt mean it in an arsy way sorry if it came accross that way, just havent heard of this before and dont see how it would increase signal with out some sort of other device i.e a mast head amp or somthing similar.

i didnt mean it in an arsy way sorry if it came accross that way, just havent heard of this before and dont see how it would increase signal with out some sort of other device i.e a mast head amp or somthing similar.

Hey mate i didn,t take your input as "arsy"and you didn,t come over that way, i appreciate any help thats given and you seem to have much more experience than me,

thanks again mate

regards Dave

Hey mate i didn,t take your input as "arsy"and you didn,t come over that way, i appreciate any help thats given and you seem to have much more experience than me,

thanks again mate

regards Dave

cheers mate, i just reread it and thought it could have been seen as arsy lol. the only other thing i can think of digibox wise that outputs voltage over an rf cable is a sky digibox to power a magic eye.

cheers mate, i just reread it and thought it could have been seen as arsy lol. the only other thing i can think of digibox wise that outputs voltage over an rf cable is a sky digibox to power a magic eye.

Cheers mate i,ll be doing some "splitting" on w/e

regards Dave

some tvs do supply 5v to the aerial....which is switchable by one of the menus....not all tvs have this function......it is used to supply a masthead amplifier if ur using one instead of using a seperate power supply.....

as for splitting the signal u really need a proper meter to see wats really going on....but what i would do is firstly buy something like a f splitter and see if its ok.....if not just buy a distribution amp..... depending on how many outputs u want....

some tvs do supply 5v to the aerial....which is switchable by one of the menus....not all tvs have this function......it is used to supply a masthead amplifier if ur using one instead of using a seperate power supply.....

as for splitting the signal u really need a proper meter to see wats really going on....but what i would do is firstly buy something like a f splitter and see if its ok.....if not just buy a distribution amp..... depending on how many outputs u want....

Thanks terminator, just what i was looking for

regards dave

Back