Signal Problems!!

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i need to update my situation and i need help from some people on this.

Ok in my front room i have

1x Dbox 2
1 x internet modem

they are connected via a koing spiliter from the main feed.

Upstairs

1 x dreambox

Upstairs i then have a dreambox connected.

I have tested both upstairs and downstairs to check my signal is working and it is. I have put the dbox 2 on upstairs ONLY and downstairs ONLY with nothing connected except the dbox 2 itself

i have done the same with the dreambox as well.

i then connected the dbox on its own downstairs and then i connected the dreambox upstairs on its own, this worked fine after i boosted the signal, i then got all the channels working

i now need the modem to work so i use my koing spilter downstairs with the booster on downstairs but then my modem wont go online!! so i take that out and then my dreambox upstairs wont work, only some channels work then!

at the moment i have the koing spillter downstairs with my modem and dbox 2 working perfect !! then i have the dreambox upstairs with no booster's at all, when i add booster some channels work and some dont !

i have the argos booster
i have the yellow brick booster
i have a signal dropper
i have a variable signal dropper

my dreambox signals on channels that work are currently

SNR = 85% ,,,, AGC = 99% ,,,, BER = 118810 ( sky sports 1 )

my dreambox signals on channels that wont work are currently

SNR = 67% ,,, AGC= 99% ,,,, BER = 1654560 (itv 1 )

And when i click on scan on the dreambox it gives me signals levels as well, they are

SNR = 82%,,, AGC = 99% ,, BER = 674312

I know from looking at these levels it looks like my SNR is low but where should i add boosters and them??

please help me as i want to enjoy this new box i just bought!

PS i have Digital world 1.65 installed with ALT tuner and EVOCAMD runing

cheers

harvey

Hi i need to update my situation and i need help from some people on this.

Ok in my front room i have

1x Dbox 2
1 x internet modem

they are connected via a koing spiliter from the main feed.

Upstairs

1 x dreambox

Upstairs i then have a dreambox connected.

I have tested both upstairs and downstairs to check my signal is working and it is. I have put the dbox 2 on upstairs ONLY and downstairs ONLY with nothing connected except the dbox 2 itself

i have done the same with the dreambox as well.

i then connected the dbox on its own downstairs and then i connected the dreambox upstairs on its own, this worked fine after i boosted the signal, i then got all the channels working

i now need the modem to work so i use my koing spilter downstairs with the booster on downstairs but then my modem wont go online!! so i take that out and then my dreambox upstairs wont work, only some channels work then!

at the moment i have the koing spillter downstairs with my modem and dbox 2 working perfect !! then i have the dreambox upstairs with no booster's at all, when i add booster some channels work and some dont !

i have the argos booster
i have the yellow brick booster
i have a signal dropper
i have a variable signal dropper

my dreambox signals on channels that work are currently

SNR = 85% ,,,, AGC = 99% ,,,, BER = 118810 ( sky sports 1 )

my dreambox signals on channels that wont work are currently

SNR = 67% ,,, AGC= 99% ,,,, BER = 1654560 (itv 1 )

And when i click on scan on the dreambox it gives me signals levels as well, they are

SNR = 82%,,, AGC = 99% ,, BER = 674312

I know from looking at these levels it looks like my SNR is low but where should i add boosters and them??

please help me as i want to enjoy this new box i just bought!

PS i have Digital world 1.65 installed with ALT tuner and EVOCAMD runing

cheers

harvey

add the yellow brick before the dreambox and then adjust it and chek im having freezin problems 2 its so annoyin

I have done this but some of the channels that didnt work will work but will glitch a lot and freeze

my mistake channels are not freezing they just wont come on they try to come on but they wont, when i check the signal levels im getting between 60-69% for the SNR

when the signal is tooo high that happens try adjusting it then change the channel . connect box up direct feed then try ..

when i connect box on direct feed it is okay (this is with spillter to modem removed) but then once i add the spillter and the modem comes online the problem starts

Have you tried using one of the other tuner types ?

On my 500c I have to use the old tuner type. If I use either of the other types I get either no signal at all or bad snr/agc readings.

Hi yeh iv tried changing tuners. ALT and NEW tuner work fine but OLD tuner wont work at all. But betweem the two that work i have no difference in signal issues.

My main problem is that on the channels that dont work (ie MTV) i have SNR of 78% and BER of 1654560 ,

what should i do to lower the BER im guessing the signal is too high ?: am i right? or from looking at them levels is the signal to low?

Possibly the same problem I was having yesterday? The transponder had been deactivated. For how long, who knows. For me it was about 24 hrs.

BER = Bit Error Rate which should be zero for a good transponder

High SNR (signal to noise ratio), high gain, very large BER all points to there being nothing transmitted on that frequency.

78% SNR is too low to be just low signal.

90-95% SNR is low signal, 78% is nothing.

Last edited:
@harveybham
You wrote nothing about your distribution method.
The koenig booster has only 1 output.
Which splitter do you use and how much splitters.

@harveybham
I have the same problem mate. was ok up until about 4 months ago. I just put it down to a cloned dbox and the fact that smellypest have dropped the signal level in my area. havnt bopthered with the konig brick as I dont watch dave+1. E4+1 or the uk documentaries. you in a north lan area by any chance..?

if i take out my internet connection from downstairs and plug the dbox 2 in direct and then put my dreambox cable feed into a booster i get all the channels perfect!! but when i then add the cable modem it wont connect until i turn the dreambox off and then it will, but then yeh you guessed it my channels are back to freezing again.

I am using a koing spiltter in the cable box outside the house, this has 4 outputs and currently two are being used and one output will be getting used soon as the room is getting built. I also have a 2 way koing spillter in the front room where the modem and dbox share the connection.

I also have the argos booster and i also have the koing yellow brick.

I have trired many different solutions with the booster but still no difference. i have a massive feeling that my problem is in the cable feed outside the house, to connect my outputs to the spillter i have used 2 F connectors on two of them, Would this cause much dfference? im guessing it would,

My question is what is the correct way in order to put a F conenctor on, and is it wise to put it in the spilter outside the house.

Back