Shower mixer

Lol that the thing the guy in the video was using i think its a must to have that

@Him Her will know what it is, he likes his DIY :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look there i dont think i can do it myself its solid copper pipe not flexible pipe
8ede025ea556dd7db0b86b822be663ab.jpg
4d1faf19fbcb302b4ca196d50a273ba4.jpg

Doesnt matter m8 once you disconnect the nuts you should be able to move the pipe a bit,then just cut it lower and add a flexi with a isolator valve

But if in any doubt get a professional in ;)

yes you can, you can remove the overflow pipe temperrery, will give you a bit more access.

mines are also copper pipes from nineteen canteen, no modern sfuff here lol

I'm just going to get a pro in iv got £350 could go to £450 so I might aswel get it done right, I have also noticed that I get more force from cold than hot in the bath but the bathroom sink are the same

Won't cost you too much to get someone in, i would like to think you will have at least half of that left over and that will include the price of the tap.

£38 pH for a plumber, tap about £100 iv to phone a guy tomorrow and iv also looked on my builder site

Do what I will be doing, get a remote shower all the mixer bits go in the loft and yo just have a remote to turn it on and off etc :)

reason I will be doing that is my walls are really thin old 70's style so no real room for hiding the pipes up the wall so might as well use the space above :D

The tool is a basin wrench. As said by others, the mixer tap with a shower hose is likely simplest. Pressure is likely down to the original plumbing probably being standard Y-system with tanks. The tank is probably just left over from the conversion to combi. They can be a pain to get out so are often just left in place doing nothing.

Either plumber or yourself could do the job in a couple of hours. Water off, boiler off, the boiler will hold the hot pressure off. Check by turning on the taps! Remove existing taps, cut off excess pipework (using a proper cutter obviously). Add flexible hoses to connect mixer tap and screw shower head to the wall.

Sorted!

Going over the steps in my head i think its easy but these things are in your head, i just wondered if the mixer taps and original/current taps are the same lenth if that was the case it would make it a whole lot easyer, no need to make any cuts ill mesure the current taps and look into to the sizing ect

Going over the steps in my head i think its easy but these things are in your head, i just wondered if the mixer taps and original/current taps are the same lenth if that was the case it would make it a whole lot easyer, no need to make any cuts ill mesure the current taps and look into to the sizing ect
Should be m8, tbh my recommendation regarding cutting pipes is to allow easier reconnection using the flexies plus added benefit of isolation valves for future benefit

Update I got the thermostatic mixer hired a plumber to fit it and done a good job but after using it for first time it was hot then cold then hot again, when it gos cold the pressure increases and when it heats back up the pressure decreases, I'm wondering if anyone knows what's up

Update I got the thermostatic mixer hired a plumber to fit it and done a good job but after using it for first time it was hot then cold then hot again, when it gos cold the pressure increases and when it heats back up the pressure decreases, I'm wondering if anyone knows what's up

the only thing i can think off is the thermostatic cartridge in the shower is / has gone faulty

Well I tryed it on the 38c and it seems fine I'll monitor it over the next few days, could be I'm not using it correct

Back