Should we get out of Ireland ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
and another view is britain consists of scotland england and wales, with NI being part of a united kingdom... :) but some may disagree

ps regardless of views its semantics now lol but your passport does say great britain AND northern ireland

edited post again as dont want this turning into yet another have a pop at colin thread (1 man crusade)

if i took john the wrong way then i apologise

to be fair if you can see posts pre edit you will see version 2 of my posts included the only 2 NI catholics you know.

I still maintain it added nothing to the debate, and if anything was to be expected. as someone who does have family across the water i would have hoped your input would have been more than just a dig at catholics.

but as i say if its tongue in cheek thats fine, i post something tongue and cheek and get called a prick though.... thems the breaks eh

Its the constant referrals to YOU being picked on thats the 1 man crusade not some of the things u post always seems if someone says something in jest or tongue in cheek this routine gets wheeled out about being unfairly treated.

I aint been a member on here long but from what i have already seen there is a big problem with you and the mods and if it is a case of you being ganged up on why even stay in a place that treats you or any person in such a way, at the end of the day in any forum the admin/mods have the last say and even if they are pricks there is nothing you will do to change that so why keep flogging a dead horse here with the "everyones against me routine" better still start your own website and then you can admin/mod it accordingly.

I would join it if you were to allow non Bigots in and freely allow wind ups and jests :banana::proud:

Its the constant referrals to YOU being picked on thats the 1 man crusade not some of the things u post always seems if someone says something in jest or tongue in cheek this routine gets wheeled out about being unfairly treated.

I aint been a member on here long but from what i have already seen there is a big problem with you and the mods and if it is a case of you being ganged up on why even stay in a place that treats you or any person in such a way, at the end of the day in any forum the admin/mods have the last say and even if they are pricks there is nothing you will do to change that so why keep flogging a dead horse here with the "everyones against me routine" better still start your own website and then you can admin/mod it accordingly.

I would join it if you were to allow non Bigots in and freely allow wind ups and jests :banana::proud:

anyway back on topic is the feeling NI is in britain then?

All the arguments concerning territorial rights to the north of Ireland are arrived at by choosing a particular time in history.

The genetic links between Scotland and Ulster go way, way back - who knows who was where first. So choose your time and stake your claim - all rather pointless.

We have to deal with what we have now, not what once was.

If you ask a greek what parts of Cyprus belong to Greece they will say all of it, The Turkish occupy the north and consider it legally theirs.

Ireland was irish before England invaded it. Why should the Irish refer to NI as British if they dont recognise the legitimacy of the occupation.
The americans, australians (almost) and hong kong have all regained their independence from England - why is NI different?.

The way I see it from my ignorant viewpoint is fairly simple (im English btw) the problems were started when England went and invaded Ireland. After the Irish fought most of it back again things calmed down until Henry VIII began protestant reformation and named himself King of Ireland. This really pissed of the Irish and the fight for the remaining English territory was on again, made worse by Elizabeth I attempting to eradicate Catholicism in Ireland.

In my opinion when the English stepped foot on Irish soil it was an invasion and not colonisation. Why can the Americans fight for their land, win and become allies but there is no hope for Irish Independence.

As I said, Im ignorant on this subject so dont stamp on my balls over this one, Im ready for educating :)

This 1 man crusade routine gets boring really quick time to close the thread methinks

what's the one man routine.????

we where/are having a debate off should the british leave ireland what has it got to do with one man.

if you mean i have my views and everyone else has there's well what is wrong with that.??????/

i have not said a bad word about any member that has a diff view than me. so why should it be closed.?????

if u don't like the thread then don't post

think he was talking about me (logged back in to clarify that point)

oh ok thanks for that.

And as Colin correctly points out if you paid attenshun you would have clearly seen the quote above the "1 man crusade" i posted had Colin in it and referred to him thx Colin for sorting it out and apology accepted T (mmmmm there was'nt one:proud:) and T pay attenshun next time :banana::lol:

If you ask a greek what parts of Cyprus belong to Greece they will say all of it, The Turkish occupy the north and consider it legally theirs.

Ireland was irish before England invaded it. Why should the Irish refer to NI as British if they dont recognise the legitimacy of the occupation.
The americans, australians (almost) and hong kong have all regained their independence from England - why is NI different?.

The way I see it from my ignorant viewpoint is fairly simple (im English btw) the problems were started when England went and invaded Ireland. After the Irish fought most of it back again things calmed down until Henry VIII began protestant reformation and named himself King of Ireland. This really pissed of the Irish and the fight for the remaining English territory was on again, made worse by Elizabeth I attempting to eradicate Catholicism in Ireland.

In my opinion when the English stepped foot on Irish soil it was an invasion and not colonisation. Why can the Americans fight for their land, win and become allies but there is no hope for Irish Independence.

As I said, Im ignorant on this subject so dont stamp on my balls over this one, Im ready for educating :)

good post agree with a decent chunk of it and a mod as well! lol laminate this post im in agreement lol as your low on pokercash ill send you mine over as i dont bother with it anymore

good post agree with a decent chunk of it and a mod as well! lol laminate this post im in agreement lol as your low on pokercash ill send you mine over as i dont bother with it anymore

pmsl ur only agreeing with him because hes no idea what hes talking about .:proud:

well there u are if that don't answer if the north off ireland is ireland and not british i don't know what will. and from and english man who knows the truth
suppose as fox says the truth is out there

but maybe the ones that read wiki won't believe it as it's not in wiki

And as Colin correctly points out if you paid attenshun you would have clearly seen the quote above the "1 man crusade" i posted had Colin in it and referred to him thx Colin for sorting it out and apology accepted T (mmmmm there was'nt one) and T pay attenshun next time

just for u. ibrox :FLASHER:

pmsl ur only agreeing with him because hes no idea what hes talking about .:proud:

nope agreeing as he speaks a bit of sense with a bit of humour and seems to know which countries make up britain :banana::banana::banana:

i wonder how many of the people who hate the british and want it to be part of the south are happy to claim our benefits? personally i think that the majority of those on both sides use the divide as a money making racket.

i wonder how many of the people who hate the british and want it to be part of the south are happy to claim our benefits? personally i think that the majority of those on both sides use the divide as a money making racket.

lol cant agree with a word of that, and to play down years of history as a money making racket is plain daft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back