should i buy the car?

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
I currently own a ford focus tddi 02 plate with 84,000 miles, i have always wanted a golf or leon (same engline), i have been offered an part exchange +£2000 for a 2004 golf (new shape) GTTDI 140 bhp, it has 2 lcd screen inbeeded into the rear head rests, blacked out rear windows. It seem a car of my dreams but the millage is my concern. It has 109,000 miles, it total it would be £4000 for the car. Do you think thats to many miles. The car does look nice mind?

thanks

Since it's a Volkswagen, I wouldn't worry too much about the milage mate.

That engine will run forever as long as it's not been abused.

(not that I'm an expert of anything, just my opinion)

i have noticed on ebay prices for the new shape 04 onwords with 130,000 are still going for £5000 so with all the extras im sure after a few years i should be able to sell it. It being that model you have all the extras, heated seats, abs, esp, 4 airbags etc and with the added featers of tvs in the back my son wont get bored so easy, im so tempted to get it, i have just never had a car with so many miles.

Wouldn't worry too much about the mileage as long as it's been looked after and properly serviced. People used to worry about cars with over 100k on the clock, but cars these days are engineered to cope with so much more than that. My company car will be up for sale once it hits 100k and I'll be very tempted to buy it, as I know it's always been serviced on time, and had the money spent on it that it needs.

And modern VW diesels will take 100k with barely a sniff (had a old audi 80 with the 1.9tdi engine and it had done 250k before it finally died).

Look for a good service history, and snap it up!

the garage we use have a golf tdi courtesy car with 200K+ on the clock and it still feels like a new car and go's like one too.
if its got fsh i wouldnt be worried m8

Back