Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

just bought a golf car

jammoboss

Inactive User
After selling my focus I decided to go for a vw golf, I really wanted a gt tdi 2.0 140bhp or 170bhp 2004 onwards but that was a bit out of my price range.

I got a 2004 (new shape) silver golf 1.9SE TDI. I am hoping someone here has one or something close to it as I have three questions.

1 I take it there is no on board computer as all I see is the mileage/trip/clock not even a temp gauge, and you can bring up the miles left till next service. I think the switch for the on board computer is on the wiper stick (at the end?) help

2. What is the two buttons on the drivers side, on the side panel behind the door, they look like an alarm signal from the roof and the one underneath is a picture of the car on a slant, sorry to ask but I wasn’t given a manual with it.

3. Can’t remember this question mind went blank ill update if I remember lol.

That is the onboard computer mate. Should show you outside temp, miles left, service intervals and so on. The alarm thing im not too sure but the slope button is for when it is being towed. dont know what it does tho but i doubt you will ever need those buttons. Its the same engine that was on the audi i had as my last car. Its a very wise decision getting the 1.9tdi as I think they are one of the strongest and best engines on the market today.

Also, fuel wise i reckon you'll get around 55mpg.

The temp guage for the engine and the oil is a clock type thing lol i dont know what they are called but they are on either side of the speedometer.

the car came with no manual but i have bought one of ebay so i will hopefully find out.

I dont think i have an onboard computer as the wiper stick on my car has no button, i have seen the button on other models (through pictures), the only thing that is on display is millage/trip and the clock, wierd cos i though as its a golf and the year i would of had at least a temp guage, mpg, fuel left etc :(

The alarm switch is to turn the alarm off .
one is interior alarm ie if you leave pets in car, other is anti tilt so should be turned off if jacked up and towed.

thanks for that mate so do you know what the set and the other switch is on the indicator stick, is it to do with the cruise control? should anything come on the display?

Another Major problem i have just realised my fans arent working, i hear a faint noise when on, is this just a fuse problem?

After selling my focus I decided to go for a vw golf, I really wanted a gt tdi 2.0 140bhp or 170bhp 2004 onwards but that was a bit out of my price range.

I got a 2004 (new shape) silver golf 1.9SE TDI. I am hoping someone here has one or something close to it as I have three questions.

1 I take it there is no on board computer as all I see is the mileage/trip/clock not even a temp gauge, and you can bring up the miles left till next service. I think the switch for the on board computer is on the wiper stick (at the end?) help

2. What is the two buttons on the drivers side, on the side panel behind the door, they look like an alarm signal from the roof and the one underneath is a picture of the car on a slant, sorry to ask but I wasn’t given a manual with it.

3. Can’t remember this question mind went blank ill update if I remember lol.
:roflmao: when i read the title of this post i thought u had bought a golf cart lol

I can Second that on the great engine !
Its the same VAG unit as is my Ford Galaxy TDI .
Mid range overtaking power is amazing, economical too as i have just done 300miles on a half tank ( mostly motorway in 6 gear).
Be careful what Engine oil you use as the PD engines require fully sythetic 5W/40
They do use oil , but this is perfectly normal with this engine.

:roflmao: when i read the title of this post i thought u had bought a golf cart lol

So did I, I was thinking what the feck is he going to do with that.

maybe i should of made it sound better or is it just an admin thing lol.

I can Second that on the great engine !
Its the same VAG unit as is my Ford Galaxy TDI .
Mid range overtaking power is amazing, economical too as i have just done 300miles on a half tank ( mostly motorway in 6 gear).
Be careful what Engine oil you use as the PD engines require fully sythetic 5W/40
They do use oil , but this is perfectly normal with this engine.

yeah i need some oil as it is low but at the moment waiting for my insurance cerificate as i got no road tax :(

sorry to bring this foward again lol but anyone own a mk5 2004 tdi?

shouldn i have a seatbelt warning light or noise when sitting on the seat or does this model not have that, i have seen the light come up, cant remember when mind.

i did see this on another forum : "you can turn them on or off with VAG-COM."

if u want funtions enabled then yes u have to enable them via vag com

e.g. top spec golf comes with cruise control, climate control and seat belt warning

all u do is fit those bits u want and then get them enabled

were abouts are u???

if u want funtions enabled then yes u have to enable them via vag com

e.g. top spec golf comes with cruise control, climate control and seat belt warning

all u do is fit those bits u want and then get them enabled

were abouts are u???

i have cruise control, no climate control :(

Theres cable with socket under the seat but im not sure if that would be the sensor.

im from sw uk

i have cruise control, no climate control :(

Theres cable with socket under the seat but im not sure if that would be the sensor.

im from sw uk

the sockets under seat could be for cd multi changer

see if u can find some 1 local 2 u with vagcom and get him to enable some features

Back